Newegg Return Policy

getlee_92

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Does anyone know when Newegg changed its return policy? I was taken back today when I was told that graphic cards no longer are eligible for return refund if you are no happy with the card.
This was a Nvidia card to be exact. In 12 years I have never encountered this issue with Newegg. I guess I take my business else where next time. Moral of this story, "beware shoppers it is now listed in the warranty return section of the card".

Solution
It is still working though right?

Miners were, and still try to, buy 6 or 8 or 50 or whatever cards, mine like mad for 6 months or whatever, then return ALL of them, taking a brand new replacement if they can't get the cash back.
Then they sell the cards "new, in box" for double the msrp.

Screwing us all. You would be frikking amazed at the losses big sellers have eaten from people doing this.
You can spend your money anywhere ya want. But if I was Newegg, i wouldn't be taking cards back for no reason either. Especially right now, with Etherium asics inbound.

On the other hand, there will be a literal flood of gpus on the market this summer, one hopes the new card market will come down in price.
I would avoid the used card...

USAFRet

Titan
If it is specific to graphics cards, it is almost certainly a result of the mining idiocy.

People buying, trying the mining thing, finding out it's not simply magic money....

Or even worse, people buying, mining for a few weeks, return for 100%...repeat, repeat, repeat. Then return for a full refund, after having earned some mining funds.

If it's a broken GPU, then the manufacturers RMA should kick in.

getlee_92

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

exroofer

Distinguished
It is still working though right?

Miners were, and still try to, buy 6 or 8 or 50 or whatever cards, mine like mad for 6 months or whatever, then return ALL of them, taking a brand new replacement if they can't get the cash back.
Then they sell the cards "new, in box" for double the msrp.

Screwing us all. You would be frikking amazed at the losses big sellers have eaten from people doing this.
You can spend your money anywhere ya want. But if I was Newegg, i wouldn't be taking cards back for no reason either. Especially right now, with Etherium asics inbound.

On the other hand, there will be a literal flood of gpus on the market this summer, one hopes the new card market will come down in price.
I would avoid the used card market like the plague, unless the card is literally from a personal friend who lives close enough that you can physically go pick it up, and know it wasn't nuked by 8 months of 24/7 mining.

Solution