Newegg Spills The Goodie Bag Ahead Of Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you track the pieces of items you may like you really don't know if its a real sale price or marked up and shown as sale price that's higher that it was at regular price -- I see this at egg like a board I was interested in was 159 just ahead of blk.fri it went to 220 and then on sale day it was 179 .. so it buyer beware

f-14

Distinguished
sad as it is this has been standard practice for all retailers since over 20 years. if you watch year long the prices get jacked up 30%-50% at the end of august typically so they can go on sale for 10-20% once winter starts and then for black friday and beyond til feb. they are slightly over the august price. Feb is when the better deals happen as the new year models force close outs and inventory reductions on whatever is left over from the previous year.
unless you track the pieces of items you may like you really don't know if its a real sale price or marked up and shown as sale price that's higher that it was at regular price -- I see this at egg like a board I was interested in was 159 just ahead of blk.fri it went to 220 and then on sale day it was 179 .. so it buyer beware
microcenter has some better deals right now such as :
Intel DQ87PG LGA 1150 mATX OEM Intel Motherboard
$35.79 SAVE $7.16

ASRock H77M Socket 1155 H77 mATX Intel Motherboard
$9.99

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 LGA 1150 ATX Intel Motherboard
$36.77 SAVE $7.35

just a few examples

jgarrow

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
if you check http://pcpartpicker.com/ you can get 180days of price history.. not a lot but something to go off

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
@junkeymonkey
you have the internet, google the part you are looking at and see if you can get it new cheaper. the only way that can screw you is if there is legitimate price fixing,

@junkeymonkey I noticed the exact same thing on NCIX, I was looking at the MSI GD-65 Z87 over there a week ago and it was on sale for 149.99, and no MIR. Now it shows 209.99 on sale for 169.99(149.99 after MIR). I guess I should not of waited for Black Friday. lol.

Due to the fact the 32nm process is very mature I dont think there is much physical difference between the FX8370 and the FX8320. Newegg just put the FX8320 in the sale for $119 so over clock it a bit and you saved enough for the after marked heat sink. May I suggest the 212 evo.

sea monkey

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
To be fair, for the parts listed on PC Part Picker, these are the lowest prices anywhere in the last 180 days, but generally only by about $10 if that.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I use to track newegg prices with Camelegg and buy allot from them in Q1 but now that's gone I now limit myself down to a few items a year. These are not sales! These are laughable, and the CyberpowerPC is even more laughable. I didn't know "gigabit Ethernet" was now a feature, it should be standard.

The issue I have with Newegg is that once they let other merchants sell stuff through their site the prices become ridiculous. One time I brought something and didn't realize it was being shipped from China, it took 14 days to get to me and with the price I paid I could have gotten multiple of the same item from dealextreme and get it in the same 14 days from China.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I'm going to hold off on buying any gpu until AMD releases their new gpu. Hopefully, it will surpass the GTX 980/970 in every way which will lower the prices of all current gpu.

ya , like there e-mail deals [ yawn] seems mostly stuff I'm not interested in or funny I got it for the same price 2 months ago but yet again your calling it a sale price ?? its like they think most everybody was born last night or just looking to get the impulse shopper to bite .. only time I need to buy that day is when I got something down and need it fast during a bad luck day [that day is when its all high priced ] lol

LOL, at most e-tailers offering GTX 770's for $249-269 after $100-150 mail in rebate in lew of Black Friday sales. They are saying that those cards are $349.99-over $400 regular price. Last week most of those cards were under $300 AND offered a $20-40 MIR.

Honestly I think that the only GOOD black friday sales were in the first couple of years, now e-tailers are doing exactly the same as retail outlets do on a regular basis. Markup the price and discount it a week later. It just looks like a better deal to uneducated buyers when someone sees a larger price reduction.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I was going to get someone an Asus T100. But the Lenovo Miix 2 11 looks like has MUCH better performance costing only $100 more. So the news article was helpful it seems :)

'' microcenter has some better deals right now such as :
Intel DQ87PG LGA 1150 mATX OEM Intel Motherboard
$35.79 SAVE $7.16''

sad thing about them most things they got on a ''good'' deal is in store only and no mail order.. and then I wonder why they can ship this part but not that part ?? looks a little too suspect to me with them .. how hard is it to put both items in a box and ship it ??

I was going to get someone an Asus T100. But the Lenovo Miix 2 11 looks like has MUCH better performance costing only $100 more. So the news article was helpful it seems :)

not to imply the article was not helpful but as you stated above it the key work ''looks like a better deal'' and there good at making things they want to push look good but as you know looks can be deceiving

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
If you can prove that they did that...... report them to your AG's office, because that is illegal in most states to increase a price just to say "Yeah, it's on sale!" later.
I caught an actual brick & mortar doing that last year in Maryland and I thought "I'll just report this to Maryland's AG via their website!"
Got an e-mail back thanking me for reporting it and saying that an investigation had been opened, because due to one not-well-publicized Maryland law, that was illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.