Newegg: UPS or FedEx?

Chronobodi

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Alright, does it really matter which one you pick?

I know UPS is insanely cheaper, but i've heard that their shipping isn't that good on your parts (boxes look like they are dragged down the road...)

i do not know about FedEx, so what's your experience?

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
I have always selected the cheapest shipping option for things I've bought on newegg (usually free) and have never had a problem with damaged packages. Newegg customer service is among the best anywhere, so I wouldn't doubt them refunding your item if it shows up damaged from shipping.

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
if it's 3 day shipping, it will be delivered in 3 days or they will refund your money. However, that three days starts after they send the package. They may not be able to process your order the same day you make it. Also if you order on a weekend, it likely won't ship out until monday.

We ship thousands of packages a month.
UPS has proven over the 20 years I have been in this business, more reliable than Fed-ex, or DHL. We do get complaints of damaged packages occasionally, but it happens with any service from time to time. Over the years we have settled on UPS as our preferred/primary service. Their track record % wise is just that much better. (for on-time deliveries especially) We only use DHL or Fed-Ex if a customer requests it.
Shipping transit time with any Vendor does not include weekends or business holidays. However, UPS (and so do the others, but not always in all areas) does have Saturday pickup and delivery options as a premium service, if you are shipping 1,2, or 3 day. (In other words you can have a pickup made on Saturday and still be delivered "Next Day Air" on Monday morning)
If you ship ground, and the pickup is on Saturday, the package then might get an extra day in transit added.
It depends a lot on where the pickup is, and the delivery is.
Also, business deliveries always get served first. Home, or non-business deliveries get second preference, so they usually arrive later in the day or even in the evening, if the local distribution hub is busy that day.

Anyway, just some of things I have found from shipping with these services over the years.

No, just the production manager in our Kalama, WA plant.
We are a global, on-demand, Just-In-Time (hence the jit) print and distribution service for corporate publishers of training and technical materials.
We have plants all over the US, Europe, Asia, and Central America. We do a LOT of shipping, thousands of packages a month, a week, sometimes even in a day. Like a Restaurant for example that needs a Roll-out kit for a new menu item, or promotion. Some of our Restaurant clients have literally thousands of locations.