Newegg X1800XT, no anti static bag, card looks used

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
call new egg and get a manager on the phone,start the conversation with"I am very very upset with this",its obvious they sent an open box,before you call double check your order and make sure it was full retail ,not open box.
keep in mind those mistakes are not neweggs intent,and the guy who made the mistake should be reprimaned,for bieng careless.it could have been the packer,or the invoice dept.

Yeah, and OP has one year from Newegg to return it for replacement for full refund. Not from Sapphire or whomever, from Newegg.

One year? I thought you only had like 30 days to RMA a product? I'm trying to RMA my motherboard now because the USB and LAN have failed. I thought that they'd just replace the mobo with the same model, and I don't want that. I'm probably going to email DFI tech support, unless I can find a way to RMA the board for a full refund.

Second sentence in the line. get an RMA #online, if the item qualifies of course. Not all items are covered under newegg's one year return policy.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQDetail.asp?Module=6

If you are returning a motherboard that newegg does not have in stock at the time of your reeturn (up to one year from purchase date) I beilieve newegg will give you a full return purchase price. newegg did for a $317 video card 7 months after purchase. XFX never saw it.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQDetail.asp?Module=5

pauldh

Illustrious
Newegg fully refunded my money for a Rosewill 9800 pro almost 11 months after I bought it because they did not have a replacement at the time and the warranty was a 1 year Newegg warranty. Sweet deal even though in this case I ate the shipping fees. Some items may be manufacturers warranty only I believe.

Yes. What store is customer conscious enough to sell a $300+ XFX 6800GT video card and guarantee their customer's satisfaction with their purchase for an entire year? Rare anywhere. I was surprised, and of course elated, to get a $317 refund 7 months after it burned out.