News Newegg's Revised Return Policy Angers Customers

mrv_co

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
I wouldn't mind seeing Newegg discourage some of the wildly inflated prices from their third-party 'Sellers' from surfacing on their site so readily.

Reactions: bigdragon

caseym54

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I have no problem with this. So I get an extra disk drive. I usually need one.

What does bother me is if I ask for a notification on the bundle, they immediately notify me that the add-on device is available and mark the notification done.

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
"But the new policy can also hurt regular customers, many of whom used Newegg's old refund/return policy to get the graphics cards they wanted and return the remaining product(s) they didn't need. "

People doing that are committing the same abusive practice as the scalpers, newegg putting the hooks into them is a good thing.
I am fine with the change.

purple_dragon

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2012
If you buy a combo from newegg just to get a new RTX/RX gpu and your angry you can't return the ssd or whatever came with it that's pathetic. It's a combo for a reason, so newegg can make extra money off selling a hot item. If you don't wanna pay the early adopter tax then wait until gpu's are readily in stock or stop whining and enjoy your gaming experience. If not being able to return something you deliberately purchased is all you have to worry about in these times when many don't have a job count yourself blessed!

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
If you buy a combo from newegg just to get a new RTX/RX gpu and your angry you can't return the ssd or whatever came with it that's pathetic. It's a combo for a reason, so newegg can make extra money off selling a hot item. If you don't wanna pay the early adopter tax then wait until gpu's are readily in stock or stop whining and enjoy your gaming experience. If not being able to return something you deliberately purchased is all you have to worry about in these times when many don't have a job count yourself blessed!
this isn't an early adopters tax, its a "we are aware this was an actual paper launch and to lessen the blow to our customers we are gonna bundle half our stock of these extremely rare items with stuff you definitely don't want."

dan_L

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Newegg annoys customers with a new return policy that directly affects graphics card combo deals.

Newegg's Revised Return Policy Angers Customers : Read more
Wow, your headline made it seem like some terribly cruel new return policy. Actually, it's a pretty fair policy. If you purchase a two or three item bundle, then it should be treated as a bundle and if you want to return any of it, you should be returning all of it. Newegg.com;'s motivation seem reasonable. I don't have any problem with it and will continue to purchase largely from newegg.com and MicroCenter's bricks and mortor store.

tproveau

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Sounds like it angers authors on Tom's Hardware!
I don't see any angered customers and if I was Newegg I would not want customers who abuse return policies like that. Abusers are the reason they have had to tweak their return policy on bundled graphics cards!
Give it time, they will come back in stock eventually!