Question Newer games crash no error

Oct 24, 2021
Hello. Firstly I’ll say I’ve done every possible method but replace the whole setup. Lately I’m having issues with my pc not launching games. These are select few games and I first noticed it with far cry 6 and thought it was just typical Ubisoft however I’ve noticed its happening on Deathloop and other Newley bought games man eater etc (got game pass to test and see if games would work). It also is happening with games that used to run fine such as watch dogs legion and far cry new dawn. Cyberpunk doom eternal and a lot of my other abundance of games all boot up and run perfectly. in the span of this time I upgraded to a 3080 and the far cry 6 issue persisted and so did an issue I had with dirt 5. Most of the time the games crash and other times I can get to the menu and very very rarely even in game. When it’s in game it runs flawless. Each crash is event 1000 in event viewer. Checked voltages ran a ram test over Night. The people who built my pc suspect maybe mother board. I’m not sure how that could be the case but If anyone Could offer their expertise that would be appreciated. Although I’ve tried nearly everything please offer any solution that comes to mind. I am close to having the mobo just replaced under warranty by the people who I bought it from. Thank you

Oct 24, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
MOTHERBOARD : Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU : DESKTOPS : Intel® Core™ i7-9700KF | 4.9 GHz | 8 Cores 8 Threads
GRAPHICS CARD : EVGA RTX 3080 10 GB
RAM : 16GB Apacer ZADAK MOAB RGB 3600mhz
DRIVE 1 : M.2
DRIVE 2: HDD
POWER SUPPLY UNIT : FSP 850W 80+ Gold Premium PSU

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021
hi, saw you left a message on my thread the other day about the same issue. for me its a problem with the laptop, but for you i think it might be either the motherboard or psu. i ended up building a new pc and got a 1000w adapter after hearing that sometimes 750w and 850w causes what you seem to be experiencing with the games crashing, but im unsure whether this is the case for you. sorry i couldnt be more help, hope you resolve your problem :)