[SOLVED] Newer gpu for old motherboard and cpu

Jan 9, 2020
Hi guys

I would like to know if its possible to just change my old gpu because my gpu gave up on me, im still using my 2013 build desktop but since gpu is the only one that were affected i would like to replace only that. So here are my specs

MB:asus b85m-g
Cpu:i3 4460
Ram:4x2 gb ram ripjaws
Gpu: zotac gtx 760 4gb

Solution
Yes, you can just replace the GPU. Pay attention to the power requirements of whatever GPU you are looking at (both 6-ping/8-ping connectors and total wattage recommendations). Also, a newer GPU may not give you that much of a performance boost as you will be performance limited by your CPU.
Best bet - don't spend a lot on a much newer GPU. Get something cheap from eBay that is at least as good as the one that died and start saving for a complete system replacement.
Yes, you can just replace the GPU. Pay attention to the power requirements of whatever GPU you are looking at (both 6-ping/8-ping connectors and total wattage recommendations). Also, a newer GPU may not give you that much of a performance boost as you will be performance limited by your CPU.
Best bet - don't spend a lot on a much newer GPU. Get something cheap from eBay that is at least as good as the one that died and start saving for a complete system replacement.

Solution
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you, im taking consideration to replace the whole unit since alot of stuffs changed.