Question Newer PC gets Black Screen on Start up

ChillyOne

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2013
So i've been having start up issues since I built this PC.

I've updated Bios and reinstalled Windows 10 a few times. Clean installs at that. Still when my PC goes into Sleep mode, 9 times out of 10 it will black screen when i wake it. When I turn it on or restart it, it will 50% of the time go to a black screen. No logo just black screen. I can't figure out whats causing it. I thought I figured it out, see I used to use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface. When i would start my PC up it would default to the Motherboad's Audio. When i disconnected my Focusrite and used the Motherboads audio It immediately worked fine. No black screens at all. Then My Graphics card had issues so i removed it and got a new one. Now its back to Black Screening. So i have no clue where to start.

CPU: 9700K
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 (WiFi)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2X8 GB) DDR4 3200 RGB
Graphics Card: RTX 2080 ti
Boot Drive: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB
Power: Corsair HX Series HX1000, 1000 Watt, 80+ Plat Cert
Windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:

wrathofliom63

Honorable
Aug 5, 2018

I've updated Bios and reinstalled Windows 10 a few times. Clean installs at that. Still when my PC goes into Sleep mode, 9 times out of 10 it will black screen when i wake it. When I turn it on or restart it, it will 50% of the time go to a black screen. No logo just black screen. I can't figure out whats causing it. I thought I figured it out, see I used to use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface. When i would start my PC up it would default to the Motherboad's Audio. When i disconnected my Focusrite and used the Motherboads audio It immediately worked fine. No black screens at all. Then My Graphics card had issues so i removed it and got a new one. Now its back to Black Screening. So i have no clue where to start.

Windows 10
Try installing a previous version of windows like windows 8.1. I had a SIMILAR problem but instead it never turned on, it got on a black screen, stuck right before the login part. A

Windows 10

ll I did was install windows 8.1 and it was back to normal.