Build Advice Newest AMD build

Jul 14, 2019
Hey everyone,

Looking for an advice for building a new PC with the currently new AMD parts. I've decided over a few parts but still hesitating about the other.

First of all, it is going to be a med-high(1440p ~120hz) build for around 1000-1500 euros.

Parts on the list:

CPU- Ryzen 3700x
GPU- Radeon 5700xt(Waiting for the reference cards - custom cooler to be released as I am not a fan of blower type)
Case: Thermaltake CA-1l3-00m1wn-00
SSD: Kingston A400 480GB + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM (Might upgrade to larger later)
PSU: Looking for an advice
RAM: G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3600mhz CL16 2x8GB (looking for an advice) up to 200Euro
MOBO: Aorus Elite X570 (Looking for an advice) up to 250-300 euro

*Not really going to overclock(Neither RAM or CPU), boost clock is going to be enough of the CPU.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 14, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I am actually just fine with plugging the ethernet cable, so wifi on the mobo isn't necessary. I just wonder, is there any better looking mobo for that price range? Most of them look worse than that Aorus Elite(It has pretty decent styling and some RGB).

Besides that, how about RAM?

* That PSU looks well, but will 650W be enough? I can spend up to 100 euros for a PSU. So the Antec fits well.

The RAM is good, and the 650w PSU is fine, and has some space for overclocking should you ever wish.
Most x570 boards are ugly imo, just something about the blower on the heatsink. The Aorus Elite looks good, and so does the Asrock X570 Taichi. Also the MSI X570 Gaming lineup looks alright too.

Reactions: zapuxas098
Jul 14, 2019
Thank you. So overall- the PSU has all the connectors I need? (in case if I need 8 plugs on the GPU for the reference model), and the rest of my build is it all fully compatible with each other?
I also wondered about ram's CL speed, took 3600MHZ CL16, thought it's the most optimal for Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, the faster as CL14 seemed to be too expensive, yet I thought not a big difference in gaming...

Jul 14, 2019
What are the capacities of those? Mine had 480GB, would most likely go above that now, so I don't need to use my old HDD which is quite outdated(doesn't work as good as before anymore)

So it was the right SSD in the link I sent you? If so, it's even cheaper than my current SSD that I've bought a few months ago
And no, the one I have is different, here it is: SSD older
Yes that was the right one. It will be faster than your one. I wasn't aware you already had an SSD. You could store your OS and your most used programs and games on the M.2 SSD, other games on the SATA SSD, and everything else on the HDD.

Reactions: zapuxas098
Jul 14, 2019
Going to see what's up with ordering those parts. If they are available at moment and all. Thanks for the answers, currently have none left. Might ask a few later this upcoming week once the parts arrive or so.

Reactions: ConanLock
Jul 14, 2019
Good day,

I have a question regarding my PC's case. I am deciding between Sharkoon TG5 RGB and Sharkoon TG4 RGB. It says I need an adressible rgb on my motherboard to take the full control of the case's RGB. Does Aorus Elite have it?

Thanks in advance

Jul 14, 2019
Already ordered Crosair spec-omega case in red/black
But seems like the PSU you offered me, I can't order it here, it takes around a month to get. That's too long... Could you suggest anything identical to it? I was looking at silverstone-sst-et650 80 GOLD / Enermax revolution xt ii series 80 gold / evga supernova 650 gm sfx 80 plus / Bitfenix 650W M80 Plus Gold

Last edited: