Newish Build Refuses to Post or Display Anything

Devan1994

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
So I built a PC about 3 months back. I used it for awhile and then all of a sudden windows kept giving me random BSOD's. I decided to just reinstall windows. When I attempted this, it gave me a random BSOD once. After this the motherboard refused to post and go into BIOS. It kept stopping at random Q-codes such as 60, 61, 62, 98, 99 even a few more not listed every time I restarted the PC. I went through some troubleshooting and thought maybe something in the mobo went out, so I decided to contact ASUS and do an RMA. When I received it back from them, the paper said that it tested okay and that nothing was wrong with it. So I put everything together, again, same problem. I've tried doing it with no graphics card, 1 stick of RAM, moving it around between DIMM slots, no hard drives, sometimes 1 hard drive. Every once in awhile it would light up the VGA Q-LED. I've switched between on board graphics and my GTX 1070 and still get no display and it refuses to post. Hell I think I've gotten it into BIOS once and it froze on me. I've tried flashing different versions of the BIOS, cleared CMOS several times. I've tried just about everything I could think of. Any ideas?

Build Info:

Intel i7 7700k 4.2ghz
Asus Maximus IX Formula
Kraken x62 Water Cooling
32Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM (3000)
Nvidia GTX 1070 FE
CORSAIR RM750X PSU
PNY SSD
1Tb WD Blue

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Solution
Hard to say... Can you borrow a RAM module? If not, try RMA-ing the CPU. since same issue with 2 boards. This way you'd rule out a CPU issue.

Devan1994

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

I RMA'd the MB, they returned it saying nothing was wrong. I haven't tried the CPU. Was hoping to avoid that, but might not have a choice. I never OC'd. Everything was stock.

Devan1994

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

I tried a different module, in A1 it produced the same results, in B1 it produced a 98 code with the VGA Q-LED lit up, but after a reset it stopped stopped at 62. And 60 after another.

Devan1994

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Borrowing a RAM module is probably out of the question right now, I'll check around but more than likely I will be RMAing my CPU and will come back with a reply once I get it back.