[SOLVED] New'ish PC running slow.

Aug 21, 2019
I have a good spec PC (At least I think it is), and its new'ish.....yet it seems to run so slow, even when viewing the internet. Webpages seem to take a long time to load.

Im using this to check, and my upload speed is over 70 MB/s and download is over 15.

Heres my spec :-

CAS: IN-WIN 101 Mid Tower High Air Flow Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel
CASUPGRADE: None Selected
CD: None Selected
CLOUD: None Selected
COOL: None Selected
COOL2: None Selected
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K - 6-Core 3.70GHz, 4.70GHz Turbo - 12MB
Cache + UHD Graphics * Extreme OC *
CS_FAN: Default Case Fan
EXCD: None Selected
EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
FAN: Cooler Master Seidon 240V High Performance Liquid Cooling system
w/ 240mm Radiator * Extreme OC * (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling
* Extreme OC *)
FLASHMEDIA: None Selected
FREEBIE_SSD: None Selected
HD_M2PCIE: None Selected
HDD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
HOLIDAY1: Bullguard Internet Security 2018 for Windows PC with Game
Booster! - 1 year - 3 User Licence [+0]
HOMEINSTALL: None Selected
INTERBROWSER1: Microsoft Edge Internet Browser (default with Windows 10) [+0]
KEYBOARD: None Selected
M2SSD: None Selected
M2SSD2: 250GB (1x250GB) WD Black M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 3000MB/s Read &
1600MB/s Write (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair
Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
MONITOR: None Selected
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime Z370-P II: ATX w/ USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2
MOUSE: None Selected
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all
the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana
and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)
PCABLE: None Selected
POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W 80+ Gaming Power Supply
RAID: None Selected
RUSH: Standard Processing Time
SLI_BRIDGE: None Selected
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None Selected
SSD: None Selected
STREAMERGEAR: None Selected
TEMP: None Selected
USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
VIDEO: MSI GeForce(R) RTX 2070 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R),
VR Ready, HDMI, DP, USB-C, 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)
VIDEOCAPTURE: None Selected
VIVE_HEADSET: None Selected

Im disappointed as my older PC ran quicker on the internet. Is this a windows 10 issue that everyone has, or are there things I can do?

Many thanks, Tuna.

Solution
I wouldn't say so. Although it's not the best, it should still be alright (it's not out of the picture though). Some things to check:
• In the BIOS, is XMP enabled? This allows the RAM to run at full speed, rather than the default 2133MHz. It is usually under the overclocking section.
• Is the RAM in slot 2 and 4, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty RAM? If not, change it so that it look like that. This allows the RAM to run in dual channel mode, effectively doubling the bandwidth of data to the CPU.
• Is Windows 10 fully up to date? Open the settings app, then choose Update and Security. If this shows that updates are available, wait for them to finish, or if needed, click to install them. If it says up to date, click check for updates...
I wouldn't say so. Although it's not the best, it should still be alright (it's not out of the picture though). Some things to check:
• In the BIOS, is XMP enabled? This allows the RAM to run at full speed, rather than the default 2133MHz. It is usually under the overclocking section.
• Is the RAM in slot 2 and 4, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty RAM? If not, change it so that it look like that. This allows the RAM to run in dual channel mode, effectively doubling the bandwidth of data to the CPU.
• Is Windows 10 fully up to date? Open the settings app, then choose Update and Security. If this shows that updates are available, wait for them to finish, or if needed, click to install them. If it says up to date, click check for updates.
• What internet browser are you using, and is it up to date? Microsoft Edge should automatically update with Windows, but for other browsers, Google how to update them.
• If you are using anything other than Microsoft Edge, is it installed on the SSD? If not, uninstall it, download the newest version, then install it to the SSD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS