Question Newly Assembled System Does Not Power Up

Jul 19, 2019
When I hit the power button I get the click and nothing. The Dell power supply has a button on the back (no switch), when I press it all the fans in the system spin. I switched the power supply, nothing, I check the switch in the back, nothing. I checked the power button hook up on the motherboard, it’s hooked up right. Though maybe the switch on the case, changed cases, nothing, I went through all of this with both processors.

I am guessing it’s a motherboard issue and I need to send it in for an RMA. Any other ideas?

System
Ryzen 3 3200g (Ryzen 3 2200g)
ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX Motherboard *Ryzen 3000 ready
16gb (2x8) Crucial Ballistic DDR4 3200 (pulled from my gaming PC when I upgraded)
256gb SADA SSD (pulled out of a working laptop)
1TB Barracuda HD (pulled from my gaming PC)
Dell 460 watt power supply (pulled from a working system when I upgraded) (EVGA 650 watt)
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L (Raidmax case I just stripped)

Last edited:
When I hit the power button I get the click and nothing. The Dell power supply has a button on the back (no switch), when I press it all the fans in the system spin. I switched the power supply, nothing, I check the switch in the back, nothing. I checked the power button hook up on the motherboard, it’s hooked up right. Though maybe the switch on the case, changed cases, nothing, I went through all of this with both processors.

I am guessing it’s a motherboard issue and I need to send it in for an RMA. Any other ideas?

System
Ryzen 3 3200g (Ryzen 3 2200g)
ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX Motherboard *Ryzen 3000 ready
16gb (2x8) Crucial Ballistic DDR4 3200 (pulled from my gaming PC when I upgraded)
256gb SADA SSD (pulled out of a working laptop)
1TB Barracuda HD (pulled from my gaming PC)
Dell 460 watt power supply (pulled from a working system when I upgraded) (EVGA 650 watt)
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L (Raidmax case I just stripped)
What bios do you have? You need version P3.20 to make the 3200G work.

Jul 19, 2019
What bios do you have? You need version P3.20 to make the 3200G work.

The board has a logo on it saying Ryzen 3000 ready, so it has to be at least the P2.30 per the AsRock website so the bios is at least the minimum one needed. It does the exact same thing with a the older Ryzen 3 2200g like I mentioned above with is listed as compatible with ALL bios for the board.

The board has a logo on it saying Ryzen 3000 ready, so it has to be at least the P2.30 per the AsRock website so the bios is at least the minimum one needed. It does the exact same thing with a the older Ryzen 3 2200g like I mentioned above with is listed as compatible with ALL bios for the board.
Sounds like a RAM incompatibility, is the RAM model in the QVL memory compatibility list of your motherboard? You can't just pull RAM from one system and expect it to work with another different system.

Jul 19, 2019
Sounds like a RAM incompatibility, is the RAM model in the QVL memory compatibility list of your motherboard? You can't just pull RAM from one system and expect it to work with another different system.

Crucial Ballistix is on the list up to 3000 speeds. The stuff I'm using is 3200 but on start up will run it all at the default board speeds which should be well under clocked. I suppose I can grab different sticks from another system. I have some 2400 Samsung which is on the list and see if that fixes it. I know memory compatibility was an issue in the past but I haven't seen that problem for a while now.

Jul 19, 2019
Have you cleared the cmos? Also, you might try just for fun, pull the ram, then try to start it up. Just to see if the board gripes at you. If so then you at least know the board is alive. If that does work, try a single stick of ram.

Cleared cmos/memory jumpers before I retried tonight. Pulled the battery as well. Tried the Samsung 2400 listed on the ASRock website. I tried 1 stick, 2 sticks, old stick, new stick, Dell PS, EVGA PS, shorting out the power jumper, plugging in the cpu power jumper. Then I did the one thing I haven't tried yet....... packaged it up for RMA!!!!!

Jul 19, 2019
before packing up did you try the breadboarding method for test .

I had it on the box with 1 stick of ram installed at a time, the CPU & fan with a power supply. I tried to short the jumpers to start it and I hooked up the jumper from the case. No beeps, no fan spinning, nothing.

I was really hoping I missed something, simple or stupid.