Question Newly bought laptop brightness always on maximum

tigershrimp

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014
Hello,

This has happened with my new HP OMEN (2020 with ryzen)

Before writing here, I tried various potential solutions including turning off adjustable brightness (couldn't do it since such option simply did not exist on windows), tried disabling/enabling display and monitors drivers, using basic windows display driver, uninstalling and reinstalling them, updating all drivers, looked at some registry solution which should have allowed me to change brightness from 0 (screen off) to 100 (full brightness) according to guide, then some sort of CMD solution, troubleshooting power settings, which said that brightness has been optimized, but it didn't change at all and finally, fully clean reinstall of windows. It still doesn't work. My laptop is stuck in full brightness. It's okay during the day, but during night it's way too bright and I'd love to fix this issue.

Please let me know if anyone has any potential solutions available besides the ones I tried many times. Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing you tried using the keyboard shortcuts to the screen brightness and those did not work correct? If you set the power mode to battery saving with a less bright screen does that work? Try a BIOS update? Did you check with HP support?

TRENDING THREADS