[SOLVED] Newly Bought PC boot problem?

Jul 23, 2021
Fresh out the box prebuilt from Ibuypower "double boot" when I turn it on? I'm not sure if that's what it's called because I don't know much about these things. When I press the power button the PC would start up, fans and gpu fans all that would start up for about 3 seconds. After that it would instantly shutdown, then it would auto boot up again and this time it runs just perfectly fine. I have not activated the windows that comes with the pc because I don't know if this is a big enough problem to send it back yet, just thought I'd mention that in case that is somehow a problem. I have not downloaded anything extra or messed with the bios in anyway. This was a custom prebuilt, their status told me they have built, tested, and "burn in" this pc before shipping.

Things I've tried:
  1. Checked all the wires to make sure they're plugged in well.
  2. Removed and reconnected the rams and GPU.

PC Specs:
Case:
iBUYPOWER Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh RGB Tempered Glass Gaming Case - Black
Processor:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor (12X 3.7GHz/64MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard:
ASRock X570 Taichi - WiFi 6, ARGB Header (1), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 7 Type-A), M.2 Slot (3)
Memory:
32 GB [8 GB X4] DDR4-3600 Memory Module - G.SKILL Ripjaws V
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Power Supply:
850 Watt - CORSAIR RM850 - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
Processor Cooling:
iBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 360mm CASTLE 360EX Liquid Cooler
Primary Storage:
1TB GIGABYTE AORUS M.2 PCI-E 4.0 NVME Gen 4 SSD - Read: 5000 MB/s, Write: 4400 MB/s / Gen 3 - Read 3480 MB/s, Write 2100 MB/s
Operating System:
Windows 10 Home w/ Windows Recovery USB - (64-bit)

Solution
Computers will often do this in regards to a power failure situation. They will boot, check the last state of the system, and shut down or boot accordingly. That would say something odd is happening at shutdown.

Another factor would be the memory, I suggest going into the BIOS and taking a quick look around. Particularly XMP/Memory speed settings. May just need to set XMP and save it.

Not fun, but you can always call ibuypower up, though since the system is working, they may not care.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Computers will often do this in regards to a power failure situation. They will boot, check the last state of the system, and shut down or boot accordingly. That would say something odd is happening at shutdown.

Another factor would be the memory, I suggest going into the BIOS and taking a quick look around. Particularly XMP/Memory speed settings. May just need to set XMP and save it.

Not fun, but you can always call ibuypower up, though since the system is working, they may not care.

Reactions: NHKTed
Solution
Jul 23, 2021

Hey, Thank you for your time, I checked the bios and found the problem. It seems they set my profile to 3600Mhz rams but set the rams option to 3400Mhz which was the cause. For those who are thinking of buying from this company, don't. They spend very little effort on a a lot of the building. Problem have been solved, please close thread.

Last edited: