Newly bought PC, NVIDIA's GPU won't work, but AMD's card work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2018
Hello!

First time posting in the forum.

So, I'm having an weird problem. A recently brought new hardware and something in some of the hardware isn't right.

Bought config:

• - Nvidia GTX 1070ti
    - Ryzen 2700x Processor
    - SSD Crucial 250Gb
    - 2x HyperX 8gb RAM
    - MOBO Asus B350-PRO
    - EVGA 650W 80 Plus Gold PSU

So, whats the problem?

Well, when I use my 1070ti is this configuration the card wont work properly. I constantly receives blue screen of type VIDEO_SCHEDULER_ERROR, UNHANDLED_THREAD_EXCEPTION, black screens, PC freezing and restarts.

But, that isn't the weird part.

When I tried my GPU in an friend's PC (with the same MOBO as I, and an Ryzen 1700X) the cards simply works perfectly, when I try his 1050ti in my PC it shows the same problem as before, and, finally, to confuse me more, when I test my new configuration with my old GPU (AMD R9 270x), the PC works normally.

I tried a bunch of things: BIOS update, Windows formatting, changing PCI lanes trying with another PSU, trying other RAM, trying older drivers, but nothing seems to work.

I really don't know what to do, I can't event ask for warranty because I don't know in which part the problem is.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you all.

Try updating the motherboard drivers and BIOS first. Then install the graphics card. Then install the operating system and update the graphics drivers.

Also once Windows is installed , you can check the Device Manager (under Display Adapter) for the graphics card. If it isn't listed, then check the PCIE power cable connection on the card. Try a different slot. Make sure the RAM is showing up and at the correct frequency.

Oct 9, 2018

Hello there, sorry for the late response.

So, I tried using DDU for uninstalling all drivers, downloaded the latest driver from the Nvidia website, no luck, the problem keep appearing as usual. Checked my RAMs frequency, 2400MHz, which is correct. My GPU is showing up in the Windows Device manager, so looks like is not a PCI lane problem.

Maybe the problem is in my MOBO? I dunno.

Thank you all for the responses.

As far as the motherboard goes, you can update the motherboard chipset drivers and you update the update the BIOS. After that you can replace the motherboard. If it is still within the return period, exchange it for a new one. It that has expired you can go the warranty repair / replace route. Or just replace it.

If you are still unconvinced that the motherboard is the problem. you can breadboard the motherboard.

Here are three sets of instructions. Read through them and pick one to follow.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2176482/breadboarding-stripping-basics-troubleshooting.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262730-31-breadboarding

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1753671/bench-troubleshooting.html

Status
Not open for further replies.