Specs:
  • (ZOTAC Gaming Twin Edge OC) RTX 3060
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Corsair Vegeance RGB Pro 2x8gb 3200mhz
  • Corsair RM550x Psi
  • MSI B450M Bazooka Motherboard
  • WD Green 240GB SSD
  • Toshiba P300 2TB HDD

As the title says, I bought a brand new RTX 3060 on Amazon a week ago, and it's lacking a load of Peformance. I've tried things like getting a new power supply, the RM550x from corsair, my old one was only a 450w power supply, that didn't work. I turned on XMP profiles because my RAM was using it's base speeds, that didn't help. I updated my bios as it was 4 years old, that didn't work. I'm lost as what to do and need help on this situation, it is performing significantly worse then a GTX 1660 super. Stutters in almost every game. Turning DLSS on just causes more lag and stutters. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this situation.

Specs:
  • (ZOTAC Gaming Twin Edge OC) RTX 3060
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Corsair Vegeance RGB Pro 2x8gb 3200mhz
  • Corsair RM550x Psi
  • MSI B450M Bazooka Motherboard
  • WD Green 240GB SSD
  • Toshiba P300 2TB HDD
As the title says, I bought a brand new RTX 3060 on Amazon a week ago, and it's lacking a load of Peformance. I've tried things like getting a new power supply, the RM550x from corsair, my old one was only a 450w power supply, that didn't work. I turned on XMP profiles because my RAM was using it's base speeds, that didn't help. I updated my bios as it was 4 years old, that didn't work. I'm lost as what to do and need help on this situation, it is performing significantly worse then a GTX 1660 super. Stutters in almost every game. Turning DLSS on just causes more lag and stutters. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this situation.
I would start with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Remove the old drivers and start fresh. Next step would be a fresh windows install if there are lingering issues.

Reactions: KyaraM
Oct 10, 2022
I would start with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Remove the old drivers and start fresh. Next step would be a fresh windows install if there are lingering issues.
I used DDU to reinstall driver's and now my GPU is stuck at 210 GPU clock and 405 mem clock... What now

Oct 10, 2022
Now it's switch from pcie 3.0 to 1.1 randomly (Edit) This isn't happening anymore, but my RTX 3060 is still getting ridiculously low Peformance

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
try running userbenchmark and get an idea where you are having the issue
It states that its peforming way above expectations when that isnt the case at all, one thing I have noticed is that my gpu isnt being utilized, while playing fortnite my gpu utilization doesnt go above 5%, while cpu is at 40-60% or higher

Okay,

DDU was done in safe mode? All drivers of all kinds were removed?
New drivers were installed after reboot?
Is your ram running at it's rated speed?
Please go into the bios to be sure.
Have you tried reinstalling windows from a blank slate?
I've experienced a lot of grief relating to windows updates killing fps this could be an issue.

Lastly, it seems likely that your 2600 could be the anchor off the back of the boat.
1660 super was and is a good card, plenty of power and an ideal match for the processor.

Your board supports 5xxx cpu's I wouldn't venture past a 8 core processor.
That 5800x3d is a winner and would keep your system current until the new consoles came out, even a 5600 5600x, 5700, 5700x or 5800x

I've not heard great things about 59xx on b450 boards, they limits boost due to power delivery deficiencies.

So yeah the other steps dont work out then its new cpu time, a 5600 can be found pretty cheap and the 5800x3d should be cheap just after xmas.

For the time being just turn all the setting to max and you'll notice you still have the same frame rates

Oct 10, 2022
Okay,

DDU was done in safe mode? All drivers of all kinds were removed?
New drivers were installed after reboot?
Is your ram running at it's rated speed?
Please go into the bios to be sure.
Have you tried reinstalling windows from a blank slate?
I've experienced a lot of grief relating to windows updates killing fps this could be an issue.

Lastly, it seems likely that your 2600 could be the anchor off the back of the boat.
1660 super was and is a good card, plenty of power and an ideal match for the processor.

Your board supports 5xxx cpu's I wouldn't venture past a 8 core processor.
That 5800x3d is a winner and would keep your system current until the new consoles came out, even a 5600 5600x, 5700, 5700x or 5800x
-I used DDU, one thing I noticed during the process is when I went into safe mode it wasn't the usual low res, it was just my regular desktop with a black background with safe mode on all 4 corners and I was still in 1080p. That was odd because it has never looked like that any other time I used DDU.
-Yes my RAM is running at 3200mhz, I turned on XMP profiles but it didn't improve Peformance at all.
-I have not reinstalled windows yet, not sure if I should fresh install to windows 11 or just fresh install windows 10, I'm very hesitant about doing it as it deletes all my files, considering this might not even be the solution to my problem, my internet is very slow and takes hours to install 8gb.
-Im planning on getting a 5800x this weekend, if that doesn't fix anything then I don't know

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
used DDU, one thing I noticed during the process is when I went into safe mode it wasn't the usual low res, it was just my regular desktop with a black background with safe mode on all 4 corners and I was still in 1080p. That was odd because it has never looked like that any other time I used DDU.
Win10/11 now includes amd/nvidia whql drivers natively, so 1080p is a viable resolution, it won't or should not go back to vga standards of 800x600 like it did with Win7 and prior.
I have not reinstalled windows yet, not sure if I should fresh install to windows 11 or just fresh install windows 10, I'm very hesitant about doing it as it deletes all my files,
No. You can reinstall windows as an overlay, there are options that don't delete Any files, it basically just returns all settings visible and hidden back to stock and removes any added content to the Windows files themselves, without touching your added stuff.