[SOLVED] Newly Build pc crashes when i try to play games

Dec 18, 2019
Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x with Prism cooler
GPU; WindForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB
Mobo: ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
RAM ; Trident Z RGB 2x8
SSD; Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM (taken from prev pc, wiped clean before used)
HDD; Teamgroup Gx1 120GB SATA6G (taken from prev pc, Wiped before use)
PSU : Evga 500w 80+ Bronze (Taken from prev pc)
OS; Windows 10 Home

Newly build this setup couple days ago installed windows, updated drives and mobo same day. Works fine alone but when I try to play games None work and it all crashes my PC . Installed Apex, league of legends, and none work. Apex loads but gets black screen displaying different Error each time. missing Shader, Couldnt display Texture, DXGi ERROR DEVICE HUNG. TEXTURE NULL. All is different. For Apex no fix i have searched works. It all leads to the game crashing and freezing my pc.

I also get pixels flashing occasionaly for some reason

League of Legends client loads but ingame flashes distorted texture and then it crashes my pc.

Any help or tips would be helpful.

Solution
It's possible it's the GPU, but I would lean to the PSU firstly. It's prob about 5 years old I estimate? Plus, as I said it's not a great PSU to begin with. Chances are it's failing, and the prob will persist if you stick with it. A failing PSU has the potential to fry some components, so just be careful. It would suggest to me there's not enough power going to the GPU. Hence why i'd lean to the old, average PSU, as opposed to the brand new GPU.
I'd look at your PSU. It's not a great one.

Ge yourself a decent 550w-650 Gold rated unit. They are pretty cheap right now. I wouldn't put anything less in with your new system. Chances are your current PSU is not providing enough power at load for your system.

If you are overclocking either CPU/GPU it's worth taking them off and running your system at stock. See if the problem still persists.

Reactions: berttrip
Dec 18, 2019
nothing is OC. Everything i plugged straight out of the box when i have gotten all my pieces together.
If it helps to mention, it does seem that everytime i launch a game. I hear the fans start to speed up and then it stops. Thats how i know it crashed. Also when booted. After i enter my password for login, Sudden shapes flash out of color as if it was glitched. Gpu maybe? or PSU?

Thanks for replying btw

It's possible it's the GPU, but I would lean to the PSU firstly. It's prob about 5 years old I estimate? Plus, as I said it's not a great PSU to begin with. Chances are it's failing, and the prob will persist if you stick with it. A failing PSU has the potential to fry some components, so just be careful. It would suggest to me there's not enough power going to the GPU. Hence why i'd lean to the old, average PSU, as opposed to the brand new GPU.

Solution
From what I've read about this error, it can be CPU overclocking causing it, or incorrect XMP settings in bios or even GPU driver errors. BTW, the G5 PSU you just got is not based on the Superflower Leadex platform as earlier Supernova versions were (G2,G3). The G5 is made by FSP and is not as good. You'll notice I didn't list the G5 in my earlier reponse of recommendations, just for that reason.