Question Newly build pc, no signal to monitor

Jul 19, 2020
Hey guys, i have just build a brand new pc and for some reason the pc turns on, motherboard lights up fans spin and leds light up but the moniter its connected to gets no signal.

I know its not a moniter problem as i tested with another pc, i have gone through everything from taking the cpu out to make sure its seated correctly to taking out the ram, and making sure the gpu is seated right. But monitor still gets no signal.

when theres no gpu in, the vga led on the ez bug section of my motherboard lights up. What could be the problem?
Cpu: i5 9400f
Ssd: samsung 970 evo plus m.2
Hdd: seagate barracude 2tb 3.5 inch
Gpu: gigabyte rx580 8gb
Motherboard: msi B365M Pro-VDH intel
Ram:kingston hyper x fury 16 gb 8x2
Psu: corsair cx650m 650 watt 80+ bronze

Motherboard says supports ddr4 up to 2666 but my ram is 3200, could that be the problem?

All parts were bought today and i made sure to read all manuals and watched a lot of tutorials. I have gone through the not posting / moniter problem thread thats posted on a lot of similar questions. Any help would be appreciated

So i removed the rx580 and put the 1660ti from my other pc into this one and everything works fine and i was able to boot and everything, tried the rx580 in my other pc and i had the same probelm, so clearly this appears to be a issue with the gpu?

Last edited: