• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3200 (2*8 Gb)
  • GPU: Radeon RX 590 "Fat Boy"
  • PSU: Corsair CX550
  • Drive: Crucial BX500 SSD
I will make a bulleted list of what I did/happened to make everything clearer
  • Assemble everything and proceed to power up the machine
  • Install Windows 10 from a USB.
  • During the Windows 10 setup (when asked to choose language and connect to wifi) the PC randomly restarts, and I get the screen from windows stating that connecting to the internet might solve the problem.
  • I do that and Windows set up continues as normal.
  • Once in Windows I proceed do download chrome and the GPU drivers.
  • During the installation of said drivers I get an error saying some files are missing, so the drivers cannot be installed. Shortly after the PC freezes.
  • I restart it, the PC boots up normally, but freezes again shortly after.
  • I restart it again and now I am stuck on the motherboard screen saying "Pro Series"
  • After wiping clean the SSD and re-making the Windows USB I'm now stuck in one of these two (equally [censored]) situation, depending on where I boot from:
    a) Boot from Windows 10 USB: I see the windows logo and the rolling dots underneat for like 3-5 seconds and the PC reboot itself (worth noting that it does the same thing using a Linux install USB)
    b) boot from SSD with windows 10 installed from another PC: I get the "reboot and select proper boot device" screen and cannot go further.
I already tried to switch the RAM sticks, disassebled everything, changed the CPU thermal paste and I have already Updated the BIOS to the latest version after doing a CMOS reset.

Feb 1, 2020
Hi all.
I have recently assembled a PC with this configuration:
  • MOBO: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3200 (2*8 Gb)
  • GPU: Radeon RX 590 "Fat Boy"
  • PSU: Corsair CX550
  • Drive: Crucial BX500 SSD
I will make a bulleted list of what I did/happened to make everything clearer
  • Assemble everything and proceed to power up the machine
  • Install Windows 10 from a USB.
  • During the Windows 10 setup (when asked to choose language and connect to wifi) the PC randomly restarts, and I get the screen from windows stating that connecting to the internet might solve the problem.
  • I do that and Windows set up continues as normal.
  • Once in Windows I proceed do download chrome and the GPU drivers.
  • During the installation of said drivers I get an error saying some files are missing, so the drivers cannot be installed. Shortly after the PC freezes.
  • I restart it, the PC boots up normally, but freezes again shortly after.
  • I restart it again and now I am stuck on the motherboard screen saying "Pro Series"
  • After wiping clean the SSD and re-making the Windows USB I'm now stuck in one of these two (equally shitty) situation, depending on where I boot from:
    a) Boot from Windows 10 USB: I see the windows logo and the rolling dots underneat for like 3-5 seconds and the PC reboot itself (worth noting that it does the same thing using a Linux install USB)
    b) boot from SSD with windows 10 installed from another PC: I get the "reboot and select proper boot device" screen and cannot go further.
I already tried to switch the RAM sticks, disassebled everything, changed the CPU thermal paste and I have already Updated the BIOS to the latest version after doing a CMOS reset.
Your motherboard could be DOA. MSI makes terrible motherboards. The same exact thing happened to a friend of mine about a month ago.