Newly built computer freezes at random intervals during use

Jun 27, 2018
I've recently built a new computer, and, as usual with anything I try to do, it won't work. Every time I load it, it works fine for a few minutes, however, (mostly when I attempt to download drivers or windows updates, but sometimes at idle) after a few minutes, the computer just freezes. The fans still spin, the lights are still shining, and there is no sound or anything out of the ordanairy comming from the tower. The display just freezes, any audio thay may have been playing just freezes, and the only way to reset is to do a hard reboot. I've tried using different hard drives, different ram, using different ram channels, and anything else I can think of short of buying a new cpu to test. This is the second PC I have tried to build, so I'm not sure if my parts are messed up, if I stupidly bought incompatable parts, or what, but my nerves are torn to pieces because I just spent 5 months work of work on this thing just for it to not work. If anybody can offer any advice I would be very grateful. Thank you

MB: Gigabyte AB350m-gaming 3
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Evga Gtx 1060
Ram: GEIL super luce 2 4gb sticks
PS: rosewoll capstone 550 W

P.s: I wrote this on my phone in a hurry so sorry if I missed anythjng

make sure the mb bios is up to date. download hardware info set it to logging and sensor make sure the 12v rail on your power supply is holding. if you can try another unit or try and get your money back and get a seasonic focus or there older 620s unit.

neiler0847

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Is the RAM on the compatibility list for this motherboard?

It is very possible that the B350 motherboard needs a BIOS update in order for the newer Ryzen+ CPU to be supported.

Are you using the stock CPU cooler? and is it correctly installed?