[SOLVED] newly built computer is making some weird noice, need some help

Jul 8, 2020
cup: ryzan 5 3600
gpu: msi rx 5700xt
mo: gigabyte m550 gaming x
psu: corsair 750w

I found this sound happens once or twice within the first hour after starting my pc, and it happens more and more fequent, after 2, 3 hours of gaming (heavy useage), the sound would appear once every 10 mins or so. And i have recorded how it sounds like:
View: https://youtu.be/fA-8EpWESrg
(the sounds comes at 17sec into the video)

I really have no idea where i should be looking, it sounds like its from gpu but dont think there is anything hitting the gpu fan, and if there is the sound should be more consistent other than once every 10 mins. It does sound like something were hitting each other tho, so if anyone can point me to the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Update your post to include system drives: makes, models, capacity, and how full.

You can also open the case and use a cardboard tube or rolled up sheet of paper to listen and narrow down the source of the sound. May be hard to specifically identify due the irregular "timing" of the actual sound.

Heavy gaming suggests that some component is getting hot.

However the click that I hear at 17 seconds seems to be more of a hard drive noise.

My suggestions:

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers. Check fans for signs of damage.

The source/origin of the click needs to be identified.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include system drives: makes, models, capacity, and how full.

You can also open the case and use a cardboard tube or rolled up sheet of paper to listen and narrow down the source of the sound. May be hard to specifically identify due the irregular "timing" of the actual sound.

However the click that I hear at 17 seconds seems to be more of a hard drive noise.

My suggestions:

Solution
Jul 8, 2020

My suggestions:

thx for the info, i will update all the details for my setup when im home in couple hours.
Just as you said it sounds like a hard drive sound to you, however, im using nvme m.2 ssd, does it make some kind of click sound? I really dont know since this is my first nvme m.2 ssd.

i will go open it up tonight to try to locate the original of the sound, hoppfully :)