Newly built computer keeps crashing please help!!!

Dec 28, 2018
I built my second computer about 3 days ago, and the past day and a half it's been freezing constantly (about every 10-20 mins). Sometimes, I can still move my mouse, sometimes my music continues to play, and sometimes the entire thing locks up. I can't Ctrl+Alt+Del, I can't wait it out, it simply locks up every time. I'd like to mention that this usually only happens when I'm either downloading something, or browsing the internet (I had to switch to my laptop just to post this). I can play games on Steam with no issue of it freezing for over an hour at times, as long as I'm not downloading or browsing on Chrome/Firefox. I'll post my system specs first, and then I'll list some things I've already tried to fix this.

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus X470 Prime Pro

GPU: GTX 1050 TI ( I GOT THIS FROM MY OLD PC BUILD)

RAM: Patriot Viper 2x8 3733 DDR4

HDD: WDC WD 1TB Blue ( I GOT THIS HDD FROM MY OLD COMPUTER BUT I WIPED IT BEFORE INSTALLING IT INTO MY NEW PC)

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 x Fully Modular

Please let me know if you need any additional specs to help me out.

What I've tried:

- Restarting
- Updating BIOS
- Defragmenting HDD
- Cleaning Registry with CCleaner
- Uninstalling/Reinstalling Video/Chipset Drivers
- Switching RAM from slots 2&4 to 1&3 (A2&B2 to A1&B1)
- Switching which SATA connector my HDD is connected to on the Motherboard
- Quintuple checking that each wire is connected properly on the Motherboard <-------- Literally re built this computer 3 times
- Possibly other small things that I've missed but probably wouldn't have affected it anyway

The only thing that I can think of that I haven't tried is memtest to ensure that it isn't my RAM, as I'm fairly certain it isn't, but I'm a semi-noob with hardware so who knows. I also went into bios and set my RAM speed to 3733 because out of the box it wasn't running it.

I checked Temps for all my harware and everything seems good.

Please help me fix this, this PC is brand new, I love it to death so far (minus the freezing) and I plan to use it for quite a long time. Thank you in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts