Question Newly built computer making loud clicking noises

NoSheep

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Hi,

I built my computer a little over a month ago, but the past week, it's making this really loud clicking noise. I've been having to turn off my computer and on again to get the noise to stop. But it seems every time I first turn it on the last couple of the days, the noise occurs. This video below shows the noise, please ignore the static on the image, maybe I had shaky hands when recording, thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Apart from that video, we're going to need to know the specs to your build. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to also take a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a cylinder and use it held with one end to your ear and the other end to probe for the source of the noise. Also, try disconnecting the case fans one at a time until the noise disappears.

NoSheep

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Apart from that video, we're going to need to know the specs to your build. Please list them like so:
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Ram: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
SSD/HDD: Seagate BarraCuda Q5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: zotac geforce gtx1060 6gb ddr5
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Chassis: Sorry, not sure what this is

You might want to also take a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a cylinder and use it held with one end to your ear and the other end to probe for the source of the noise. Also, try disconnecting the case fans one at a time until the noise disappears.

Hi, sorry, here is the information:
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Ram: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
SSD/HDD: Seagate BarraCuda Q5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: zotac geforce gtx1060 6gb ddr5
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Chassis: Sorry, not sure what this is

Thank you, I will try those two things to see!