Newly built computer not booting up! Help Plz!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

I just finished building my computer and tried everything possible, tested out my power supply, plugged and rotated around my front panels cable and still didn't change anything and I've done steps for troubleshooting it and still nothing, if anyone got any ideas on the matter, plz let me know

Solution

Don't put it back. Put it on its box, connect the power supply and see if the CPU fan is spinning when starting the board.
USe the scrediver method for starting the board.

y4nn1c7

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

Okay, done all you said and it's not even booting up this time, dunno why

y4nn1c7

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

Okay, done all you said and it's not even booting up this time, dunno why

y4nn1c7

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

The idea has crossed my mind but when you've spent at least a thousand dollars on something, you wouldn't want to do it

THSNOTLEK

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
UPDATE: solved- i tested the RAM one at a time both were ok, then tried both (properly reseating them this time, doh!) and the red DRAM led turned off the POST splashed on screen and the keyboard, mouse and monitor got their signals.

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
For these problems, you generally want to start from bare bones to get to POST: just the motherboard, the 24 pin power, the 4 pin CPU power, CPU, cooler. No graphics card, no mouse, no keyboard, no monitor, no memory. Just try to get the thing to show signs of life. Make sure you have the motherboard on standoffs and that no screws fell onto it. Also make sure your CPU is properly installed and seated. Check your PSU cables for missing insulation.

Do you have another mobo to test the PSU on?

y4nn1c7

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

No I don't, I tested the psu with one of those vids on YouTube and it was working fine, it seems like my 24pin is not getting the signal through from the mobo and I've tried the screwdriver trick to turn it on too