Newly built computer not booting up! Help Plz!

G

I just finished building my computer and tried everything possible, tested out my power supply, plugged and rotated around my front panels cable and still didn't change anything and I've done steps for troubleshooting it and still nothing, if anyone got any ideas on the matter, plz let me know

Solution

Don't put it back. Put it on its box, connect the power supply and see if the CPU fan is spinning when starting the board.
USe the scrediver method for starting the board.
G

When I press the power button nothing turns on, not even the fans and I looked up my motherboard's manual to see where all the cables went and did it by that.

SimonGranstrom

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I am not a expert at this, since i have only built two computers which both started at the first try.
It sounds like the motherboard is not getting power, check if the 24-pin power cable is connected all the way until it locks in place.

G

You probably know more than me anyway, so checked the 24-pin it was well in there and I'm really running out of things to check to be honest, is there anything else you can think of?

G

That didn't do anything either and I don't think there would be something wrong with the motherboard, it's brand new. Do you want to know my specs, maybe it may help?

G

Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v
PowerSupply: Corsair VS550 ATX
GraphicsCard: Gigabyte GTX650
CPU: I5 3570K
Ram: 8GB
There's some hard drives and cd drives

G

I think I do, it's one of those bolts looking thing yeh?

G

I tried the power supply and the power supply's fine, I just took out the motherboard and I'm putting it back in now seeing if that's makes any difference..

SimonGranstrom

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

Yes it's a couple of them, and you place them between the motherboard and the case so that the motherboard doesn't short circuit.

G

Yep. I've done that

SimonGranstrom

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

He tested the power supply and he claims that it is working so i assume he has it powered on.

G

Yes, and I bet they felt really stupid after finding that out aha

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Yea I typed mine before he posted that but my phone is going slow today. Decided to leave it because it was still a possibility (though slim)

Don't put it back. Put it on its box, connect the power supply and see if the CPU fan is spinning when starting the board.
USe the scrediver method for starting the board.

Solution

y4nn1c7

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013