[SOLVED] Newly built computer won’t power on (details in description)

Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am helping my friend build a computer and it wont power on. I am thinking it might be a DOA motherboard but I wanted to post here and check to see if there are any other possible solutions I haven’t thought of. I have tried plugging everything into a known working power supply from my computer as well as connecting his motherboard to the front panel of my case, and it still doesn’t turn on (there are no lights or fans running, nothing). Here is his parts list in case it is of any use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mrYyw6

Solution
Hi everyone,
I am helping my friend build a computer and it wont power on. I am thinking it might be a DOA motherboard but I wanted to post here and check to see if there are any other possible solutions I haven’t thought of. I have tried plugging everything into a known working power supply from my computer as well as connecting his motherboard to the front panel of my case, and it still doesn’t turn on (there are no lights or fans running, nothing). Here is his parts list in case it is of any use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mrYyw6
try turning on with only the cpu and 1 stick of ram connected. when there is absolutly no response, even with another working psu, the motherboard or cpu is dead. its more likely the...
Try and remove 1 stick of RAM and only boot with 1 stick at a time, it could be a bad stick

Second things that really is glaring, is that powersupply is one of the worst available. If at all possible I would return that and get something like a Corasir CX450-550 watt or CX450M-550M watt

Aug 2, 2019
Try and remove 1 stick of RAM and only boot with 1 stick at a time, it could be a bad stick

Second things that really is glaring, is that powersupply is one of the worst available. If at all possible I would return that and get something like a Corasir CX450-550 watt or CX450M-550M watt
Forgot to mention I tried that with the ram too, still nothing. And the power supply should work fine with the machine, I have almost the same exact build except that I have the original version of the same motherboard instead of a v2 and I have an rx 470 instead of 570. other than that everything else is the same.

jslinger

Great
Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone,
try turning on with only the cpu and 1 stick of ram connected. when there is absolutly no response, even with another working psu, the motherboard or cpu is dead. its more likely the motherboard is dead, but its possible the cpu could be it. even tho a dead cpu is very rare if it was working before that. there is a very high chance this is covered by the warranty.

Reactions: aws876
Solution
Aug 2, 2019
try turning on with only the cpu and 1 stick of ram connected. when there is absolutly no response, even with another working psu, the motherboard or cpu is dead. its more likely the motherboard is dead, but its possible the cpu could be it. even tho a dead cpu is very rare if it was working before that. there is a very high chance this is covered by the warranty.
Okay thank you. The mobo and cpu were both bought on amazon which has a good return policy, I already returned the mobo and am waiting for a new one to come. If that doesn’t work I’ll try returning the cpu and getting a new one. I had already tried jumpstarting the motherboard with only the cpu, cpu fan and one stick of ram in and it didn’t do anything.