[SOLVED] Newly built computer won’t turn on

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019
Hi. I recently bought the parts listed below with weeks between each purchase. I then assembled the parts and tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I then assembled the pc two more times to see if I had done something wrong but to no avail. I have made sure all the pins are firmly pressed in and that the cpu is properly in its socket and I have also tried replacing the cmos battery but nothing happened. I do hear a faint noise coming from the psu that sounds like a buzz or hum. That made me think that the psu was faulty so I did the paper clip trick the fans started spinning. My suspicion is that the mobo is faulty because I’m fairly certain that the cpu works and I know the ram and gpu work. I have tried using a screwdriver to turn on the pc without using the power button on the case but that did not work either.
(Keep in mind there is nothing else that points to the computer working such as the mobo lights working)
Does anyone know for certain if the mobo is the problem or is it something else
Pc specs:

10gb ram (1x4, 2x2x2 elpida and crucial)
Asus gtx 760 (1x8 pin)
I5 4460 (stock cooler)
Ga-h97m-d3h
Seagate 500gb hdd (7200rpm)
WD blue 320gb (7200rpm)
Antec NSK4100 (case)
Corsair Cs650m 80% gold

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019

Hey, I don’t mean to sound ignorant but how would that help. Is it just to make sure that it couldn’t be any other parts or am I missing something?
Thanks

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019

Hey, I just did exactly what you said with only one ram stick and it booted to bios (using integrated) I then tried to use other ram sticks and it didn’t work and I don’t know why so I used other ram sticks that I had lying around to see if they would work and they did. Do you know what I should do know? Should I download the latest drivers for the bios and is it the gpu that is at fault? Thank you

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019

I just put it back in the case using standoffs and it booted no problem. I don’t think that the components are damaged in any way but when I try to start windows normally I get a bsod so I then went to launch startup repair and it says “the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Before I made the computer I was using an hp sff and I just used the same hard drive that had windows 7 on it in this computer. Do you know what this means or how I can fix it?
Thanks

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019

How would I reinstall windows? Do I need a USB with windows 10 on it or is there another way?

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019

Ok, I’ll do that. I have a code for windows on the back of the hp case. When I reinstall windows via the USB can I put the code in and will it work? Thank you so much for your help.