• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Newly built custom PC reboots every 20 seconds?

Apr 25, 2020
Hi Guys, I hope u can help me. I have a problem with my newly custom built computer. It keeps on shutting down and rebooting after 20 sec.

Few Infos before I get to the problem:

I took a few parts from my old PC, that would be the POWER SUPPLY and the GRAPHICS Card.
The POWER SUPPLY should be functional since I took it from my old PC. All other parts are
new. When installing the PROCESSOR I left the PROCESSOR Socket open for like 20-30.
And the PROCESSOR Fan came with preapplied thermal paste. The CPU Cooler is connected
to CPU_FAN.

The Problem:

After installing all my new parts into the PC and booting it, it shuts down after about 20 sec
and the restarts again. I dont get any signal, when I connect a monitor
(HDMI) to my PC. When disconnecting the "CP" and "UI" Ports from the MOTHERBOARD it then
doesnt shut down but I still get no video signal. Does that mean my PROCESSOR defect?
What other options do I have to test which components are faulty?

What I already tried:

I already tried to unplugged everything except the RAM, MOTHERBOARD
and PROCESSOR and it still has the same problem. Taking the CMOS out and putting it back in.
Connecting my POWER SUPPLY to my old MOTHERBOARD and PROCESSOR and it works just fine.
Tried different RAM slots for my memory.

Thanks in advance for helping me with my problem. Any help is appreciated!

List of my components:
G.Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16D-16GISB Memory 16GB DDR4 ( 2x8GB )
MB ASRock AM4 m-ATX D-Sub/HDMI/DVI DDR4 Retail - AMD Sockel AM4 (Ryzen) - Micro/Mini/Flex-ATX, B450M PRO4
Seagate ST2000DM008 Interne Festplatte
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6x 3.60GHz
Super Flower 450W Power Supply (SF-450P14HE)
NVIDIA GTX1050 Mini

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS