[SOLVED] Newly built desktop keep crashing on login screen.

Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I am a first time builder swapping over from playing on a 1060 Laptop.

I received my parts today and put everything together with relative ease. When I plugged in my boot USB drive to install windows 10 it kept crashing during the install. Sometimes 10 seconds in, other times 1 min in. Finally, I plugged the SSD into my laptop and installed windows 100% easy, no problems. I plugged the SSD back into my desktop and now it keeps crashing on the login screen, which is about 3 seconds after startup.

I assume this is a hardware issue on the motherboard, ram or CPU. Please help with any ideas you might have, I am a first time builder so I could have missed something important.

Specs:
Motherboard: Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU: I7-9700K
Ram: 32gb Corsair Vengeance White 3rgb 3200mhz
PSU: 850W Corsair RM850X White.
SSD: 1TB Samsung NVME M.2
GPU: Not installed yet, only coming with next months salary.

Please help.

Solution
Hey, I read a different thread and found out my Z390 board needs an updated BIOS to run the 9700k. So I flashed the BIOS and everything worked from there. Thanx for your input still.

jesse13williamson

Honorable
May 20, 2018
Have you tried testing the RAM by attempting the install with one stick then another? If the problem is in the RAM, then that should let you know which stick is defective. If you on't mind me asking, when it crashes, does the PC turn off or just freeze? If it turns of completely then your PSU may be the problem. Hope this helps!

Aug 1, 2019
Hey, I read a different thread and found out my Z390 board needs an updated BIOS to run the 9700k. So I flashed the BIOS and everything worked from there. Thanx for your input still.

Solution