• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Newly built Gaming PC ---- fans and RGB turn on but no POST (no signal)

rohitchawla77

Commendable
May 24, 2018
Hi, just built a gaming computer and have been trying to troubleshoot for a long time now as to why it’s not posting.

This is the list of components
  • MOBO: ASRock Z390 Pro4
  • CPU: i7-9700K
  • GPU: Gigabyte Gaming 2070Super
  • RAM: TridentZ RGB 2x16gb 3200mHz
  • SSD: 1 TB Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
  • Cooler: NZXT Kraken x63
  • Case: NZXT 510i
  • Fans: NZXT AER RGB 2
  • PSU: Corsair CXM 650W Semi-Mod
All RGB (GPU, fans, ram, cooler, led strip) light up, and the front panel connector on/off switch works to turn it on. The fans (GPU and case fans) all seem to work as well. I plugged in HDMI to motherboard instead of DP in GPU and still got no signal. I heard that hearing beeps from your computer can tell you what is wrong so I plugged in headphones to audio jack, but didn't get any beeps. Does all the RGB and fans coming on mean that power from PSU is working? I'm not really sure what I should try next. I looked through the popular troubleshooting link but I was wondering if there are things I can do to narrow it down before opening up the wiring. Thank you in advance for any ideas.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS