Newly Built Gaming PC, Need Help With Graphics Card

obaeri

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I have been working all summer to buy a new gaming pc, because my old pc took a dump. I went ahead and bought the components and built it. The problem I am having is when I install my GPU, nothing appears on the monitor. It turns on to a black screen. I checked multiple times to see if I have installed it correctly and I have. The card I have is a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750ti WINDFORCE OC Edition. I have been trying to find answers and solutions, but none seem to be working. If you know how to fix this, please help. It's greatly appreciated. (my build includes these parts)

- AMD FX 6300 - 6 core black edition
-8GB mushkin DDR3 RAM
-GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750ti WINDFORCE OC Edition
-500GB WD HHD
-EVGA 450W power supply
-Rosewill MiniATX Case
- GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MotherBoard

please help ):

Solution

download the newest drivers from the nvidia website

first, update the motherboard bios to the newest from the manufacturer's website

then try installing the gpu again

=( should have bought a ryzen setup

Sedivy

Estimable
Well that cpu doesn't have integrated graphics. Does you motherboard? What's your motherboard model?
The idea is that if it does have on board video, you plug in your monitor into your mobo and bypass your gpu, just to get to safe mode windows. Then you install drivers for your nvidia card, reconnect the monitor to the card, and restart.

Sedivy

Estimable
Oh well that's good then. Reconnect your monitor to your mobo instead of to the gpu, and start windows in safe mode. Or if you don't have windows installed yet, install it like that, and then install nvidia drivers, until your card shows up in device manager correctly. Then switch the monitor cable back to the gpu and restart.

obaeri

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I don't have the GPU in right now, because the display wont even work while installed. My monitor is connected into the mobo via VGA as of now. I also do not have a disc drive on the pc either.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

download the newest drivers from the nvidia website

first, update the motherboard bios to the newest from the manufacturer's website

then try installing the gpu again

=( should have bought a ryzen setup

Solution