[SOLVED] Newly built PC: black screen.

Dec 16, 2018
Just put together all the components, turned on the power for the first time, then got black screen.
My CPU has small screen, it says "HDD POST ERROR" then I unplugged my HDD, this error still shows.
here's my component list:
1, Asus ROG Maximus XI formula motherboard.
2, I9 9900K CPU
3, Giggabyte Aorus RTX2080TI Waterforce xtreme
4, G.Skill tridentz 3200MHZ 32G ram(4x8G)
5, Thermaltake toughpower Gold 850W PSU
6, Samsung M.2 970 Pro SSD

this is my first build, not sure what's wrong...
I'm sure what I did right is:
1, All 4 rams are plugged in properly and
2, mounted CPU correctly
3, video card plugged in properly.
4, SSD installed properly.

Edit: All my components are RGB, and all their led lights were on with no problem.
Please help!

Solution
I'm not talking about case fans. those don't mean anything if you don't have them plugged in, however, the fans on the GPU as well as the CPU cooler fan should be working.

And those are fans. So when I ask if any fans come on and work, those are included in what I am asking about.

If you don't have CPU cooler fan plugged in, then that's a problem and you should rectify that.

If the fans on the GPU don't come on when turning on the PC, then that's a problem in and of itself.

Have you made sure that all the power connectors are fully plugged in?
There's the 8pin EPS for the CPU, the 24pin for the motherboard, and whatever is needed for the GPU.

If any of these power cables are not plugged in by even a hairline fracture of an amount...
Dec 16, 2018

fans not plugged into the motherboard, so its not spinning , i realized i still need to buy a splitter to hook up all my fans.
but the fan led lights are on no problem, as they are connected to a hub then to the RGB header.
video cable is connected to the GPU.

Dec 16, 2018

do you think the " HDD POST error" msg on my motherboard is the reason for black screen?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I'm not talking about case fans. those don't mean anything if you don't have them plugged in, however, the fans on the GPU as well as the CPU cooler fan should be working.

And those are fans. So when I ask if any fans come on and work, those are included in what I am asking about.

If you don't have CPU cooler fan plugged in, then that's a problem and you should rectify that.

If the fans on the GPU don't come on when turning on the PC, then that's a problem in and of itself.

Have you made sure that all the power connectors are fully plugged in?
There's the 8pin EPS for the CPU, the 24pin for the motherboard, and whatever is needed for the GPU.

If any of these power cables are not plugged in by even a hairline fracture of an amount, the system will have issues.
These cables need to be FULLY and FIRMLY plugged in ALL the way.

Solution