Newly built PC, can get it running but no BIOS screen shows

Lonnie Brown

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
I just recently took the dive into PC gaming and bought parts to build one. I got just about everything to run, but I don't get anything to show up on my monitor (through my GPU or the on-board graphics of the mobo). Case fans spin, hard drive spins, CPU fan spins, GPU fans spin, and yet nothing shows up on the screen. I've even tried different monitors but no dice. I've tried breadboarding and I can get it to turn on. I've taken out the GPU to see if that was an issue and it wasn't. I made sure I have the motherboard in properly, and nothing changed. The only time I got beeps was when I took the RAM out. Can anyone give me some suggestions, or is it unfixable?

Specs:
Case: Cooler Master N200
PSU: Corsair CX430
Mobo: ASRock FM2A88M-HD+
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 Dual X Edition
Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB (have others, but they aren't installed ATM)
CPU: AMD Athalon X4 860k
RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 8GB

EDIT: the only issue I can think of is that the 24 pin connector only goes in about 90% but doesn't click. I bought an extender for it and the extender goes in the mobo just fine, but the 24 pin just won't go in the extender all the way. I don't see it being that much of an issue though.

The CPU is supported. Is the monitor connected to the graphics card (not the onboard)?
The power supply might not be enough for running the 270. Can you test different graphics card? What ports using for connecting the monitor (DVI to DVI...)?

Lonnie Brown

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

I only have one graphics card, and nothing displays through and ports on that, or the onboard. Also according to PCPartPicker the estimated voltage I need is 367 so that shouldn't be an issue.

djett427

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015

I had this problem with my PC. The solution was to clear the CMOS. Try that.