Question Newly Built pc causes Room Lights To Flicker

Nov 13, 2020
My newly built pc causes room light flicker when I run it on inverter. I have 2kv inveter. Still my room light flicker.
I am using anteck 550watt psu and nvidia 2060 graphics. I try with stablizer and cpu , but no effect.

Jan 6, 2021
I have the same problem and still not figured out a proper workaround for this, though I know it is the active PFC on the PSU causing harmonic conflict with the Inverter. I messaged the Corsair guys and they said my inverter is not pure sine wave and hence the problem. Well, I have an Exide brand which says it is pure sine wave. So I checked out with other brand pure sine wave inverters of my friends' which included Luminous and Amaron... still the problem persists. I swapped this Corsair PSU with an old Cooler Master non-PFC PSU and the problem stopped. Please somebody let us know if they found out a proper solution for this as a good branded non-active PFC PSU is very rare to find nowadays.

Jan 6, 2021
The place could have an electric system issue.
Doubt this, as I have checked it out at two different homes and the problem still persists. Besides, I think it should not matter if it is an electric system issue of the place, as this happens only when running on an inverter.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021
Was talking to the OP :)

If you have an issue start a thread or this will be hard to follow and this thread is for OP's issue.
Ok, but mine is very much the similar problem and I have been having this for years :)