Question Newly built PC displays "no signal" on monitor ?

Nov 16, 2021
Hello, I just recently built my first PC and upon completion and turning it on for the first time I was greeted by a "no signal" message from my monitor. When it's turned on everything seems to function normally (fans, lights, etc.) but I get no signal when plugged into the gpu through an hdmi cable. along with everything else working, my connected mouse and keyboard also light up and function as they should. The motherboard LEDs indicate nothing is wrong with the cpu, dram, vga, or boot so I am very confused.

After doing some trouble shooting I reconfigured the ram, switched gpu slots, tried booting without storage, checked cables and connections and still nothing. One time after removing the cmos for a few minutes I was able to get to the bios and mess with my boot order but when I turned it off to hopefully configure windows I was back to square one. Some of my friends have recommended that I flash update the bios as it could be outdated and may not be communicating with my older gpu. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5800x
MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro (4x8gb)
GPU: GTX 1070
PSU: Corsair RM850X
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 4TB, WD Black SN750

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS