[SOLVED] Newly-Built PC doesn't give a Signal to Monitor

Dec 1, 2019
Specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZtZVwh

Problem:
The main problem is the Monitor not detecting any signals from my newly built PC with GPU. I've been using the HDMI cable to hook up the GPU to the monitor. Furthermore, the MoBo displays a red LED "00" at the bottom-right side as seen in the attached picture (if that matters). Even with the GPU attached, it shows the same red LED "00."

What I tried:
I double-checked all of the wiring to the MoBo including the Fan Connectors and Case Connectors, and they are snugged into place. I took out my CPU Cooler so I could see if I damaged any pins on my CPU (it doesn't look bent). Then, I tried removing the GPU from the PC and tried to connect the MoBo (with USB-C Connection) to the HDMI port on my monitor (didn't work because my CPU doesn't have an integrated graphics unit).

Picture (My PC build turned ON without GPU attached):
View: https://imgur.com/a/DcffVhK

Extra Info:
Whenever I power on the PC, via the PC Case, everything seems to run fine. The fans of every component runs, including the MoBo and GPU, and the LED light works on everything including the 4 identical RAM sticks I have placed. Also, when I power down (even when holding) the PC Case's Power Button, the PC doesn't turn off; I have to manually turn off the PSU. Then, my keyboard and mouse don't seem to lighten up when connected (RGB lights); I'm thinking it's unable to be recognized as peripheral devices by the MoBo.

Thoughts:
I'm willing to bet that there's an issue with either the CPU or the Motherboard, and I am so stressed out right now because none of these parts were cheap. I am desperately in need of help, and I thank anyone who can offer any form of advice.

Last edited:
Solution
When you installed the GPU did you connect the PCIe power cables to it?

You must have a GPU installed for this system to work. The CPU lacks an integrated video adapter.
Dec 1, 2019
When you installed the GPU did you connect the PCIe power cables to it?

You must have a GPU installed for this system to work. The CPU lacks an integrated video adapter.

My GPU has 2 slots for the 6+2 Pin connectors, and I connected both of the PCIe power cables to it.
I actually tried connecting my PC to the monitor with my GPU connected first via the HDMI cable as described in my post.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019
Did you happen to try installing your GPU into a different PCIe x16 slot (other than the one nearest the CPU)?

Ah, I figured out how to connect my PC to the Monitor, but thank you for providing useful advice. All I did was take out the "RESET SWITCH" from the motherboard and my monitor was able to detect my PC via HDMI. Weird solution for the mSi motherboard though; I am able to get into the BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS