[SOLVED] Newly built pc freezes on asus splashe screen

Jan 1, 2021
Not sure what is going on. I have plugged in all the cables and fans into the appropriate headers on the pc and they light up and spine fine. I have a water cooled system and the pump works fine. I just rma’d my motherboard and asus sent a replacement. My ram sticks work fine as they were running fine in another system. CPU is brand new with no broken pins. Only thing that is iffy is the graphics card which I have no clue if there is any way to repair it if it is in need of repair since I bought it used off of r/hardwareswap. Got it shipped and looked fine when it arrived. I installed a water block on it and when I went to turn on my computer, frozen on mobo splash screen. Tried it again with only ram, cpu, and gpu, same problem. System was leak tested and doesn’t seem to have any issues. I feel like at least now it’s consistent, the mobo I sent in had all kinds of issues where it would only even produce an image on my monitor after a clear CMOS, which then proceeded to fail and not produce an image a second time. I don’t know what is wrong. Did I damage something while installing the gpu water block? Ctrl+alt+del restarts the computer as intended, it’s just that the f2 and del key doesn’t let me boot into bios. I feel like I’m so close. I was able to get to bios and install windows on my nvme drive once before and that was on the old motherboard that I had to send to asus and it was with a different graphics card. This is a real head scratcher for me and if anyone can give helpful advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I mean I’m getting the green boot light like I’m supposed to right? Man it’s gonna suck if I have to send it back again.
Just read your other post. Remount the water block it could be to tight putting to much pressure on the CPU.

Since it did work out of the case.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to include the specs to your entire system and since you've mentioned watercooling in the thread's body, you will need to include the watercooling parts. As an FYI, it's always great practice to see if your components are working before you place them under a waterblock.

Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Jan 1, 2021
Yes, as mentioned before, I did get my components working as a breadboard with air coolers and install the os before my motherboard decided to become unstable. I didn’t just jump straight to putting monoblock on my motherboard. It was when I put it into my system case and had everything built it decided to stop working. I guess I should’ve done more testing, just assumed that after installing windows my pc components were working as intended.

my specs:
Cpu: ryzen 9 3900xt
Motherboard: x570 prime-pro
Gpu: strix 2080ti
Ssds: 500gb nvme Samsung 970 evo, 1tb Samsung 870 evo
HDd: 2 tb seagate barracuda
Psu: evga 850w
Case: snowblind s

my breadboard was with the 970 evo and rtx 2060 and I installed windows on the 970. I wanted to do a fresh install with my water cooling loop since it’s a new motherboard and wasn’t sure about how stable it is since it was installed on the previous motherboard. I power on my computer and I only see the asus splash screen, and can’t access the bios, every time, and nothing changes if I take the drives out either. I also have a WiFi card which I tried with and without with the same result. My water cooling parts are:

Fittings: primochill 1/2” od
Tubes: petg 1/2” od
Pump: bitspower xyz touchaqua pump/reservoir combo
Gpu block: ek 2080ti strix water block nickel
Motherboard monoblock: ek x570 strix monoblock, nickel
Primochill radiators: 2 x 240, 1 x 120

also thanks for the warm welcome.

Jan 1, 2021
Update: I tried with a loaner gpu (gtx 1030) and same problem so maybe it’s not the graphics card after all. I’m going to try a ps/2 keyboard and see if that works.

Jan 1, 2021
Just read your other post. Remount the water block it could be to tight putting to much pressure on the CPU.

Since it did work out of the case.
Thank you for the advice. It took a while but I reseated my cpu and am now able to write to you on my now working computer. Only took taking apart and rebuilding my computer like five times but it finally worked.

TRENDING THREADS