[SOLVED] Newly built pc freezes on some games(GTA 5 3Dmark) and restarts on csgo sometimes

Feb 20, 2020
My pc was built Dec 2019 and I keep having problems. First is that it could not run 3dmark or freezes while benchmarking or error reports poped. I sort of fixed that by updating the bios. It would still restart automatically sometime when gaming for a while with no bluescreen or anything at all. Around two weeks ago when I was playing GTA 5, the system froze and the sound was looping, I had to turn off the computer by pressing down the power button. Since then my computer refuses to run GTA 5 at all(freezes after the game is loaded) and 3d mark still gives error report or froze while benchmarking. I have tried reinstalling windows and no luck there. I have also stress tested the GPU and CPU with msi kombustor and there has been no crash while stress testing. Two days ago I used memtest86 to test my mem and no errors either. There is no crash during normal use except one time while I was watching a movie. So I am guessing it is either the MB or the PSU's problem. All components of my pc were new. Please help, thanks in advance.

My build
CPU: i7-9700k
GPU: EVGA 2070s xc ultra
RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz 2*8g
Cooling: Corsair h100i
MB: MSI z390 gaming edge ac
PSU: Corsair CX 750M
Storage:
1. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 500GB
2.WD - Desktop Everyday 4TB Internal SATA Hard Drive

Feb 20, 2020
could be the psu if it stress test both gpu and cpu separately and only fail when using both at the same time(games)
Thanks for replying. Yea that is what I am doing today. My friend is coming to my house with his PSU ( still a Corsair CX 750m) today and we gonna swap out mine and run with his. Will update the result

Reactions: rgd1101