[SOLVED] newly built pc freezes shortly after logging on

Dec 4, 2019
I have just recently built my second computer ever and I need help getting it up and running! I'm currently having this problem where the computer will freeze randomly within 30 mins of being logged onto. When the computer freezes it doesn't make any clipped sounds it just freezes and non of my keyboard or mouse inputs do anything. I've been trying to install all the drivers the computer needs before it freezes but most wont download before it happens (my internet is slow) or the few that do download wont install, I think the wifi driver is the onlyone ive successfully installed. Also sometimes it will blue screen with the error "clock-watchdog-timeout". And to add on top of that I've tried updating windows to see if that will fix the problem but windows wont let me update, it will give me the error 0x80240fff.

Computer specs
rog strix b450-i (mini itx)
msi rtx 2060
samsung evo 860 500GB
rysen 7 2700x
corsair vengeance DDR4 16GB
seasonic sgx - 650w

Solution
Yes it is a fresh install of windows but I used a windows USB from 2014, and I got thinking that might have been causing alot of my problems so I created a new windows USB and that seems to have fixed the problem haha. I was able to update all the drivers and update windows and no freezing so far! Thanks for the responses and sorry that I posted prematurely

Yeah, always use a fresh copy of Windows. Also note that Ryzen/Kaby Lake don't have legacy support for using pre-Windows 10 operating systems.
Dec 4, 2019
Yes it is a fresh install of windows but I used a windows USB from 2014, and I got thinking that might have been causing alot of my problems so I created a new windows USB and that seems to have fixed the problem haha. I was able to update all the drivers and update windows and no freezing so far! Thanks for the responses and sorry that I posted prematurely

DSzymborski

Titan

Yeah, always use a fresh copy of Windows. Also note that Ryzen/Kaby Lake don't have legacy support for using pre-Windows 10 operating systems.

Solution