[SOLVED] Newly Built PC gives me Beep Code

Jun 3, 2020
I just built my new PC, and I'm getting 5 short beeps I believe. When I turned it on for the first time, it came on for 3 seconds then turned itself off. It then turned itself back on again and started beeping. My mother who was on hand turned it off right away, and later turned the power button back on, as I heard 5 short beeps. I'm using a B365M DS3H Gigabyte motherboard, a i3 - 9100F CPU, and no external graphics card. Gigabyte says 5 short beeps is a CPU error, but I'm not 100% sure that is the case with this motherboard model. I also did not have any peripherals plugged in so far. So far, I've taken the CPU Cooler off and put the CPU to the side. None of the pins look bent. Is there anything that I can do to fix this myself before I take a trip to the PC shop?

Solution
I just built my new PC, and I'm getting 5 short beeps I believe. When I turned it on for the first time, it came on for 3 seconds then turned itself off. It then turned itself back on again and started beeping. My mother who was on hand turned it off right away, and later turned the power button back on, as I heard 5 short beeps. I'm using a B365M DS3H Gigabyte motherboard, a i3 - 9100F CPU, and no external graphics card. Gigabyte says 5 short beeps is a CPU error, but I'm not 100% sure that is the case with this motherboard model. I also did not have any peripherals plugged in so far. So far, I've taken the CPU Cooler off and put the CPU to the side. None of the pins look bent. Is there anything that I can do to fix this myself...
I just built my new PC, and I'm getting 5 short beeps I believe. When I turned it on for the first time, it came on for 3 seconds then turned itself off. It then turned itself back on again and started beeping. My mother who was on hand turned it off right away, and later turned the power button back on, as I heard 5 short beeps. I'm using a B365M DS3H Gigabyte motherboard, a i3 - 9100F CPU, and no external graphics card. Gigabyte says 5 short beeps is a CPU error, but I'm not 100% sure that is the case with this motherboard model. I also did not have any peripherals plugged in so far. So far, I've taken the CPU Cooler off and put the CPU to the side. None of the pins look bent. Is there anything that I can do to fix this myself before I take a trip to the PC shop?
Intel "F" processors do not have IGPU, you need a dedicated (external) graphic card.

Reactions: thehotdogman93
Solution
Jun 3, 2020
Intel "F" processors do not have IGPU, you need a dedicated (external) graphic card.

So that's what's causing the CPU Error Beep Code? Not having an external GPU? I would expect a graphics error beep code instead.

These parts I picked are from "pcpartpicker.com". It said the motherboard onboard graphics depend on CPU, but CPU doesn't have graphics built in. The website should of told me of the compatibility issue, but that's what I get for depending on the site.

Gigabyte has 8 short beep, also 1 long beep 2 short beep for graphic card error... supposedly.

Jun 3, 2020
Update: Just went out and bought a I3 9100, placed in the board, and it worked! Thanks for the insight, I wouldn't think the lack of a IGPU would cause a CPU error. While it's possible that the 9100K was just a broken CPU, I'll account to the IGPU allowing the PC to boot.

I don't know how to change this threat to 'solved' :(

TRENDING THREADS