Question Newly built PC is boot looping

Oct 2, 2020
So after assembling my parts, I went for a boot up and it did turn on...then off after about a minute and stayed off for about 3 seconds and on for a minute again in a infinite loop. I unplugged everything after about 3 loops and was confused what it could be. Stripped everything off motherboard except CPU, CPU cooler, RAM and a few of the power switches from the case. The loop is still happening, I took off ram and tested each one and that wasn't the issue. So I am guessing maybe mobo got short circuited or power supply is bad? Please help, thank you.

Specs:

Case: phanteks p300a
CPU: i5 10600K
MOBO: AsRock z490 Phantom gaming 4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz 2 x 8
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 super
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 gb, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
PSU: EVGA 650 W 80+ gold certified

Oct 2, 2020
Its normal when first time boot take some time... U shudt break first time when power on..try reset cmos on 10 min and power on.. Dont forget unplug psu when pull out cmos.
tried that.. removed cmos and left it out for 20 mins. and nothing.
Last night when I had every component in case and first power up.. nothing.
Had hdmi connected to gpu and no signal to my monitor.
I am thinking its the motherboard is there any way to tell for sure if it is?

Oct 2, 2020
the problem for me is actually keeping the PC on. It just powers off and on in a loop even with the basic components (cpu, cooler, ram) So it has got to be either motherboard or psu right? idk

EDIT: I did just notice on the 24 pin connector that there is one of the metal connectors missing from the cable, would that be an issue or is it meant to be like that?

Last edited: