Question Newly built PC is completely unresponsive

Jul 2, 2020
I have all of my core components connected and I just have to tidy up the cables and put on the side panels. The PC is completely unresponsive when I try to turn it on. I wanted to see if the pc will turn on, I connected the power cables of my monitor and pc and connected the two through a VGA.

serafin152

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
24 pin atx pushed all the way to end? Check if front panel cable -> power sw is connected they way it should be, rest specs doesn't really matter right now if you dont have respond from mobo.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
One common source of this in a new build is incorrect placement of the stand-offs that create a space between the back of your mobo and the case's mounting panel. Look at my post of Dec 20/20 in this thread

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...sult-in-a-lose-of-data.3670519/#post-22107308

It was written for someone just starting to assemble, but you can see what I meant. If you think this is involved, you will need to remove your mobo from the case carefully. As you do, observe closely how the screws in the mounting holes of the mobo appear, and particularly whether all the holes have stand-offs under them. THEN when you have it out, REALLY examine whether there is a stand-off placed where there is NO mobo mounting hole - those are the ones that really do cause problems.