[SOLVED] Newly built PC keeps getting bsods

Feb 25, 2020
So I recently decided it was time to get an upgrade and since my old system had basically been maxed out, I would need to get a new board. I decided to go with AMD this time around, however when I completed the build and tried to play some games, I noticed my PC tends to crash randomly when I am in a game. When I say randomly I mean sometimes it happens when I am actually in a game, and sometimes it happens when I am just sitting in the menu. My new system is far superior to my older system so there should be no issues running these games. Another thing to note is the GPU and PSU, along with 3 of my 4 drives are carried over from my old build.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1660 Super
T-Force DDR4 16GB 2x8GB
ASRock B450M Steel Legend
EVGA 500 Gold Certified

Solution
Did you reinstall Windows or simply move your drive over?

If you simply moved your old drive to the new build you need to start by doing a fresh install of Windows. It sucks and MS says you dont need to, but in reality too many issues can happen by using an old install on a different mobo. Then make sure you grab all the latest drivers from ASROCK for your mobo and the latest Nvidia driver for your 1660.

If you simply moved your old drive to the new build you need to start by doing a fresh install of Windows. It sucks and MS says you dont need to, but in reality too many issues can happen by using an old install on a different mobo. Then make sure you grab all the latest drivers from ASROCK for your mobo and the latest Nvidia driver for your 1660.

Solution
Feb 25, 2020

I tried to reset the PC and remove everything, but It keeps telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made"

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

TRENDING THREADS