[SOLVED] Newly built PC keeps on hanging

Nov 21, 2020
I've finished building my PC but after I finished installing windows 10 OS, the PC keeps on hanging while downloading updates or even driveres for the motherboard.
Sometimes, it throws BSOD "clock_watchdog_timeout" and other times it just freeze. Because of this problem I could not finish downloading and installing the windows update and drivers.

specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b550m aorus pro
Gskill trident z neo 3600 mhz (8gbx2) - left default mhz on bios, I did not apply XMP yet
Coolermaster hyper 212 black edition
Coolermaster mwe gold 650w
Please help. I've been scratching my head for 2 days now.

I have to figure this out asap while I can still return if something is faulty.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should manually install all drivers meant for your platform. In fact you should have all the drivers downloaded from your motherboard's support page(using a donor system) and have them on a pen drive. Which version of Windows 10 are you on at the moment?

Make and model of your GPU? I'd advise on enabling XMP in your BIOS and see if that changes your experience.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should manually install all drivers meant for your platform. In fact you should have all the drivers downloaded from your motherboard's support page(using a donor system) and have them on a pen drive. Which version of Windows 10 are you on at the moment?

Make and model of your GPU? I'd advise on enabling XMP in your BIOS and see if that changes your experience.

Solution