Question Newly built pc randomly crashing

Nov 16, 2021
Hi guys, i built my pc today all went well until i ran in some trouble, the pc would shut down randomly while i was installing windows (retried multiple times) so i have tried a few things to fix this issue:
  • Swapped Ram sticks and tried only 1
  • Tried new ram
  • CMOS reset
  • reconnected cpu & 24 pin cable
and now my pc won't even show anything on monitor but fans etc are working, i get a red light on "VGA" and to fix this issue (without a success) i tried the following things:
  • Resetting CMOS again
  • Swapped CPU cable from psu to cpu
  • messing with the ram sticks like in the first issue
  • booting without gpu then turning pc off and booting with gpu again
But when putting my gpu on the bottom slot now the pc works like before, so i'm guessing with all those crashes the PCIE top slot got fried?
But the PC is still randomly crashing, gpu & ram are definitely not the issue since i'm currently using them on my old build without any issue

Here's the parts of my pc if needed
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050 (No power)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Pro V2
PSU: Sharkoon WPM GOLD ZERO 750W
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4-3200MHz forgot the one i swapped it with since it's a bit old but 100% working

Thanks for anyone who's willing to help

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021
a little update, bought a new psu (Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD) and the issue is still present, i managed to install windows but after staying on it for let's say 1-2 minutes the pc completely shuts off without it booting back or anything.
the things i know aren't the issue is the ram and the gpu since i tried both of them on the old pc without any issue and i'm guessing psu too since it's brand new. so what could be the issue? cpu? motherboard?

a little update, bought a new psu (Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD) and the issue is still present, i managed to install windows but after staying on it for let's say 1-2 minutes the pc completely shuts off without it booting back or anything.
the things i know aren't the issue is the ram and the gpu since i tried both of them on the old pc without any issue and i'm guessing psu too since it's brand new. so what could be the issue? cpu? motherboard?
I would say that it has to be either the motherbaord, CPU, or storage device you are using. Considering what you said about moving the GPU to the bottom slot I would say there is something wrong with the motherboard or potentially the CPU. Can you get into BIOS? Is the computer stable in BIOS?