• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
  • ASRock X570M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
  • Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB GAMING X Video Card
  • Fractal Design Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case
  • Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
(full specs here)

The first time that I booted it to install my OS it stayed on for around 20 minutes and then it shut down. Now, when I power it on, it shuts down after a couple of minutes and then if I try again it attempts to boot (I see the CPU emitting some light) but then it goes off. Other times it doesn't even respond.

I've already tried with a minimum working system (CPU and one memory module), but the problem remains. And the temperatures and voltages seems good to me: CPU temperature 60°, SB temperature 50°, M/B temperature 33° and +11.932 V.

Any advice on how I could troubleshoot this?

Ralston18

Titan
Try to explain more about "(I see the CPU emitting some light) but then it goes off...."

Do you mean, perhaps, some LED on the motherboard?

And you only have one installed drive which is the Samsung 860 Evo, 1 TB drive - correct?

Do you have the User Manual for the motherboard? I found the following link but do verify that the link is correct.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/X570M Pro4.pdf

Use the manual to doublecheck all component installations and at the same time ensure that all connections are fully and firmly seated.

Do not ignore the fine print or references to other sections in the manual or even website references.

Details matter.

Overall, I suspect that there is a loose cable connection or some component not fully seated. Either way - the end result is intermittent operation.

But my suspicion needs to be proven or eliminated.

Oct 27, 2019
Thanks a lot for your reply @Ralston18.

Try to explain more about "(I see the CPU emitting some light) but then it goes off...."
Sure. What emits some light is the fan, to be precise (sorry); it's one of this Wraith Prism CPU coolers that some AMDs are shipped with, ant that have some fancy leds. I can see that it receives some power and then it stops.
Do you mean, perhaps, some LED on the motherboard?
No, but in regards to post status checkers, I can tell you that, the times that my PC boots, I can see the CPU and DRAM LEDs showing red for a short time. I searched the internet and some people say that that is normal, maybe the LEDs are trying to flag a legit problem?

And you only have one installed drive which is the Samsung 860 Evo, 1 TB drive - correct?
Yes, this is correct.

Do you have the User Manual for the motherboard? I found the following link but do verify that the link is correct.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/X570M Pro4.pdf

Use the manual to doublecheck all component installations and at the same time ensure that all connections are fully and firmly seated.

I have the manual, I'll try to rewire everything again.

Do not ignore the fine print or references to other sections in the manual or even website references.

Details matter.

Overall, I suspect that there is a loose cable connection or some component not fully seated. Either way - the end result is intermittent operation.

But my suspicion needs to be proven or eliminated.