[SOLVED] Newly built PC stuck in boot screen.

Aug 2, 2019
Hello. Today I just built my first PC. It took me a couple of hours and I had some issues with my usb drive that I used to boot windows, but after a little research I got it up and running. It ran a little weird, but I assume that was because I didn’t have any of my hardware’s drivers installed. I manually installed the drivers for my motherboard from Gigabyte’s website, and rebooted my pc - all good.

Then I installed Driver Booster to scan and download remaining drivers. It said 4 were out of date. 2 were for sata stuff, and the other 2 were little things that I honestly cannot remember. No gpu drivers came up in the scan, so I updated the 4 drivers and planned on manually installing other drivers after. The program restarted my system, which is what it’s supposed to do, but on the restart on the “Aorus” screen it’s just stuck loading.

I checked back after 10-15 mins and no change. I shut down the pc and then restarted it. The boot started normal and then said “initiating repair” —> “diagnosing system” —> then it restarted —> stuck again. After a few minutes, I decided to try again. This time on start up a windows screen came up and said something along the lines of “the system did not start properly.” It gave me a few options, one being to reset the PC, so I tried that. I went through the windows reset process smoothly. After, the system rebooted again only to still get stuck on the same screen.

Here are specs:
Gigabyte Aorus x570 Pro WiFi
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2060 Super
16 GB DDR4 G.SKILL Flare X
1TB Intel 660p M.2 2280

I’m at a real loss here, any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: To clarify(because for some reason I can’t upload a picture) the screen the system gets stuck on is not the bios screen. When the system starts, the first screen to pop up has color, Aorus logo, and at the bottom it says what keys to press to access bios/other stuff. The second screen (the one it gets stuck on) is just black with the Aorus logo and your typical spinny-loady thing under it.

Last edited:
Solution
D
Using driver booster was a huge mistake and it ruined your windows install. You should do a clean windows install and never use driver booster or any of those driver utilities.

Do a clean install. Don’t bother with anything else. Never use any stupid utility to install drivers. They have no idea what drivers you need

Should’ve been very apparent to you what happened because right after you installed it and it rebooted your machine was hosed. Case and point. You can mark my answer as the best answer because it’s the only correct answer in here.
D

Deleted member 14196

Using driver booster was a huge mistake and it ruined your windows install. You should do a clean windows install and never use driver booster or any of those driver utilities.

Do a clean install. Don’t bother with anything else. Never use any stupid utility to install drivers. They have no idea what drivers you need

Should’ve been very apparent to you what happened because right after you installed it and it rebooted your machine was hosed. Case and point. You can mark my answer as the best answer because it’s the only correct answer in here.

Solution
Aug 2, 2019

It was very apparent that driver booster/ whatever driver was installed was the issue. My question was not why or what caused it, my question was how do I fix it. Which I was able to do. Initially I tried a windows reset as I mentioned in the original post. I was able to get into the bios, so I decided to boot from my usb, reinstalled it that way and it worked.

I appreciate the response.

Aug 2, 2019
just to clarify

the systems hangs AFTER the bios splash screen?
Can you enter the bios?

if yes, it would indicate a hard drive issue - so your ssd
Yes, that’s correct. I was able to fix it. I was able to get into the bios, and I did a fresh install with my boot usb. I didn’t try it before posting this because to my understanding the windows reset that I had attempted before was essentially a fresh install, but apparently there are differences.

Thanks for the reply!

aindriu80

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I too got shafted by using Driver Booster, it took me ages to find out what was causing the problem because I was questioning some of the components in my rig.

I couldn't figure out what was the problem and ended up doing a fresh Windows install because I couldn't get pass the endless spinning dots just as Windows is about to load up. In hindsight I should have pressed the reset (not power) twice and get into startup repair then go to reset the computer to an earlier date, before Driver Booster added the drivers.

Here is a list of the drivers Driver Booster recommended for my machine:
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZcGVjQG

Once I figured out it wasn't a problem with my graphics card or CPU I went back to Driver Booster and tried to install 1-2 of the simple drivers, well it seemed like any driver hung the PC, I gave up trying to narrow down the cause but it is a serious one. I will have to delete the software from my P.C.

TLDR: IF you are using Driver Booster Make sure you CREATE A RESTORE POINT and know how to restore from the boot sequence.