Apr 6, 2020
Hi i recently built this Pc

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H AM4 MATX
Cpu: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X
GPU: EVGA RTX2060 SUPER SC ULT
Ram:Corsair vengeance Lpx 16gb (2x8)gb DDR4
HDD:SEAGATE 1TB BARRACUDA 3.5"
SSD:Inland professional SSD 120gb sata 3

And every game ive managed to play on this system seems to have a microstutter im working on getting a video of it in action but its pretty annoying. I have set my ram timing manually and have updated all my drivers including bios and chipset drivers. i have reinstalled windows, used the empty standby memory tool i have set my frames to many diffrent caps to see if that would help and it didnt, i have switched between 100-144 hz on my display and still nothing (using Freesync monitor with gsync comp enabled. ) ive tried vsync on off and mix and matches and still no prevail. Someone please help me im feeling lost here

Apr 6, 2020
I actually just turned it all back to auto and just switched it back to x.m.p. 1 default and it seems to run a little better but the stutter is still present

Apr 6, 2020
i checked temps last night and saw that my 2700x was running at 75-85c so i was decided to open the case to clean the processor and reapply some paste and saw that my cooler was loose but i got it back on there properly and tight and now am running at 40-50c witch is good to see :) the stuttering seems to be way less but im about to do some more testing and see if it made any difference in gaming

Apr 9, 2020
I had the same problem with 2 computers i built. i fixed the problem on both by updating the bios on the motherboards. the gigabyte motherboard was difficult because there were 12 updated versions and for some reason you could not skip to the newest version. i downloaded all versions onto a USB flash drive and installed them using the installer at startup. Starting with the version that came pre-installed in the motherboard all the way to the newest. this completely cleared up that stutter. sometimes having the latest part means the company that built it isn't done fixing it yet..

TRENDING THREADS