Newly built PC turns on but no display

user4065

Prominent
Jul 14, 2018
Just finished my first build and when I turn it on all of the Fans including the gpu fans turn on, but I'm getting no display output to my monitor. My monitor works with other devices and I have it plugged directly into the gpu. I am getting no error beeps but I'm not sure my mobo even has a speaker. I have tried switching around the ram, using only one stick, resetting the cmos and reseating the gpu with no luck. I suspect it's the ram since asrock's website says only the 4gb version of my ram is supported, but I wanted to double check to see if there was anything else it might be

MB: asrock x370 pro4

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

RAM: g.skill ripjaws ddr4 3000 2x8gb

Edit: The issue was that my monitors needed drivers installed, and since there was no OS they couldn't be used. I plugged it into a TV over hdmi and could see to install the OS and the drivers.

Last edited:
Solution
Your memory is not supported on this motherboard. Try setting the speed at 2933 either manually or find a preset at 2933. The motherboards default for 3000mhz memory is 2933. If this does not help, then you will have to buy memory off their qvl. ------>https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370M%20Pro4/index.asp#Memory
1. Are you certain the RAM is pushed all the way down in it's slot, at both ends? If the 4gb version of your RAM is supported, the 8gb version should work just as well.
2. Try booting with your video card in the 2nd x16 slot, just to see if it makes any difference. Make sure the PCIe slot contact pins on the bottom of your video card are clean.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Your memory is not supported on this motherboard. Try setting the speed at 2933 either manually or find a preset at 2933. The motherboards default for 3000mhz memory is 2933. If this does not help, then you will have to buy memory off their qvl. ------>https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370M%20Pro4/index.asp#Memory

Solution