Question Newly built PC won't boot up

Aug 5, 2019
I've recently bought a new PC, because my actual one was getting really old (Pentium P5K and Intel Quad Duo) and decided to build it myself, even though I had never done it before. Before everything, here are my specs:

• Gigabyte B450M DS3H
  • Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz
  • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 8GB
  • Tempest Gaming GPSU 650W
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Ventus XS

I've been following some video and forum instructions to build everything, and I'm pretty sure it's all on its place. My PC was really old, so there are some cables that I don't need to use anymore (like some cables going from the case to the power supply, that I can't use anymore because I can't connect anything to the PSU) and 2 fans without any kind of connection to the motherboard (only connecting to the fan power control on the case), which I guess is a bit weird.

The thing is, I can't get the PC to boot up no matter what. I've tried checking all the connections, and even tried the paper clip trick with the PSU (and now I know the PSU is working just fine). Whatever I try, nothing happens when I push the power button, not a single light, not a single fan. I've also checked that the power switch pin is connected to the motherboard (which it is), but still nothing. I'm at a plain loss, even when talking to my IT friend he can't also guess what might happen.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the older cables that no longer connect to anything, because every other cable is connected (except for the SATA cables that go from the PSU to the drives, because my case has special cables that go from the drives to the motherboard), but I just have no idea.

Any idea on what the problem might be? Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Aug 5, 2019
I suggest taking the board outside the case, and testing it on its box, only CPU and CPU cooler installed.

I've tried that just now, and it still won't work. Just PSU, motherboard, cpu and cpu cooler. One thing that bothers me is that, when i connect the 24 pin cable to the motherboard, it won't do that click sound that those pin connectors usually make. The rest of them do, but the 24 pin one won't. Is that a problem?

Aug 23, 2019
I got the same issue with Aurus B450M and Ryzen 5 3600.
I read somewhere here that we need to update the Bios.
I am checking now how to use the QFlash to update it because nothing shows up on the monitor

TRENDING THREADS